Why hate cryptocurrency?

Why do you think it can’t drop to $0 literally? Why is that out of the question in your opinion?

When did I ever say it was out of the question? I think you’ve misinterpreted what I said.

There is absolutely zero reason that Tether would make BTC drop to zero. Tether is nothing but a pairing, and Bittrex is about to setup USD pairings–which is absolutely huge. Other exchanges will follow suit. GDAX already does free deposits/withdraws and has USD pairings–which is owned by Coinbase, which is massively huge.

The recent BitConnect exit was simply a blip on the radar. If that doesn’t show the support for BTC, I don’t know what else would.

Oh, OK yes I think I did misinterpret you.

I mistook you for saying Bitcoin won’t go to $0. You’re saying Tether won’t make Bitcoin go to $0

1 Like

OP’s post was a great showing of the greed out there in crypto. He was expecting a 700% return on his money. The panic hasn’t even set in yet. That tells me we have a lot further to fall.

Bitcoin is headed to $0 over the long run. Will it recover from here at $7000 on the way to zero? I don’t know.

This is a negative sum game… the only way you can make a profit is if someone else makes a loss after taxes, exchange fees, mining costs, and opportunity costs.

You can make money trying to catch a falling knife and resell to a greater fool but that is risky speculation. If you hold bitcoin long enough I am 100% confident you will get burned.

$6600 and falling. Bwahahahaha.

I wonder when will graphic card price come back down to retail:

I visited the local Fry’s electronic this weekend and the shelf for higher end card are completely empty. craaazzy.

There will be a massive glut in parted out rigs soon enough.

2 Likes

I thought you needed a custom asic box to keep up in mining, video cards are competitive again?

I thought that too, but it turns out people were mining alt-coins with graphics cards and were trading them into BTC or Etherium as quickly as they could generate them.

I did a bit of reading on that. Bitcoin is now mined with special ASIC box but Etherium can’t be efficiently mined with ASIC box. ARS Technica got a good article on it. It mentioned RX 580 card are pre-sold out 6 months into the future. So far, there’s no lights at the end of tunnel for graphic card prices. Time will tell.

1 Like

I think that is correct. Once the price collapses mining won’t be profitable and they get dumped.

Anyone know how to short video card prices? lol.

Maybe shorting nvidia stock would work the same.

2 Likes

$8350 and rising. Bwahahaha.

I had three of the ASIC miners and sold each one for $2500 more than I bought it. What a time to be alive, ladies and gents. On top of letting them mine Bitcoin for a month. Hanging tight on to my free Bitcoin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad u enjoy supporting crime and rogue nations. Your morality is clear.

Come on now. Anyone involved in Bitcoin isn’t complicit in the drug trade.

1 Like

Don’t come at me with that ignorant shit. Get a life.

1 Like

Nvidia is getting a ton of business from Nintendo right now with the Switch.

I wouldn’t bet against them, at the moment…

100% complicit. Speculators know this and don’t care.

I’m calling u and everyone else out. Deal with it…

The prevalence of bitcoin in everyday society is bad for criminals who desire to use it for currency.

Also, being complicit in the commission of a crime requires intent.

3 Likes