Why Some Millennials Think The Economy Sucks

We could try a 1 way bus ticket to Canada or Mexico and see if we get any takers.

Works some for big cities to get em out of state some.

The solution I’ve seen is just to keep throwing more and more money at the problem and hoping it goes away. $75,000 tiny houses for example. Its not a ‘get rid of them’ attitude its a ‘help them’ attitude still. Also here at least we’re spending tax dollars that were actually voted for…

But yes now that its a problem that people are impacted by now its a problem. I think the situation changed when the homeless started camping out on sidewalks. That started here several years ago. I am pretty sure either laws changed to allow it or the homless innovated and just started doing it cause there wasn’t anything stopping it. Once you had tents in downtown it became everyones problem. It really wasn’t a large increase change in the # of homeless that pushed it into ‘huge problem’ but the VISIBILITY. that did it.

Also anecdotally, I have a personal friend who is as liberal as we get and he did a total 180 on his attitude towards the homeless shortly after he got to experience a homless camp on his own street. Once you get to know the homeless as a grup and familiarize yourself with them and their behavior your sympathy changes.

2 Likes