Xfinity/comcast mobile

My last super great deal on FW was for the Xfinity/Comcast mobile. I pay 4.32 monthly on each of 3 phones plus 1 12.00 data fee for 24.32 for 3 phones!!/. They sent me 3 LG X charge phones that work on Android. Actually better then my crappy Samsung Galaxy6. Had no contracts with Tmobile or Sprint and even ported the #'s via Xfinity web. They use Verizon system. The Xcharge was absolutely free, no shipping, nor activation fees. etc. And no monthly phone payment. You have to be an xfinity customer tho. I was for 15 years and never heard of this deal, except for FW. The free phones are gone, but you can use yours even. It seamlessly connects to my work internet and my home hotspot (don’t need that) and all along metro North. If you use Xfinity for cable TV or internet give it a shot. I also use Xfinity stream TV on the phone: mirrors my home system. I can even delete what my wife decide s to DVR!! Just for laughs…Read in Biz Week that they signed up 200k folks, so still very small player, but they will be soon.

3 Likes

Do you share the 1GB of data between the three lines?

Shoot, so no way to get xfinity to pick up the phones? I snoozed, I lost I guess… :slight_smile:

Technically the phone was $1 not free but I get your point.
I also got mine but haven’t activated them yet as I’m not sure about the Verizon coverage in my area…
I read that you can unlock them after one month.
Is it possible to cancel the service now and reactivate later or I’ll be SOL and not get the same monthly price of 0+Tax ?

[quote=“MissLeading, post:4, topic:1729, full:true”]I read that you can unlock them after one month.
Is it possible to cancel the service now and reactivate later or I’ll be SOL and not get the same monthly price of 0+Tax ?
[/quote]

If the phone is fully paid off, you can request unlock code as soon as it’s activated.

If you cancel the service, you have to buy another Xfinity phone to get new service. There is no BYOD at this time.

2 Likes