Bank bonus and ms theories

As an avid MSer on temporary hold now, I’ve also restarted the bank bonus game. I currently have 8 CAccounts to deposit all these MO I was buying weekly. And been in the game 4 years 3 months,Clear about 22k after fees tax free. just retired. And that 22k is by only doing MS 2 or 3x weekly stating with 2 WM and 3 or 4 groceries and using ATMs. I have deposited about on average 8k monthly win MO with no problems from banks. Only Webster bank in CT closed my acct w/o warning via letter and check for balance. never gave reason but we all know why. Big banks/small banks seem not to care. WF BOA SAntander HSBC MTB KEY no problems yet. Also do go bank with my and 2 sons accts.
Now while on couch at home I started 3 WF 400.00 bonus checking accts… Wife and 2 sons with separate accts. Same for santander 225.bonus. opened 3 accts. My original post stated I did not know if BOA or Alliant counted as a DD for WF. So I panicked and xfer funds bank to Alliant. BOA coded and P2P and Alliint coded as online transfer. Waiting for tomorrow to see how WF codes Santander. At least WF gives you an email stating “welcome…you qualify for the 400.00 bonus…” Santander does not even tho I used their sign up bonus page with code. had to call them 2x to verify that code is attached. First rep 4 nights ago told me its not and he can not do anything. HUCA 2 nights later and rep told me they will investigate. Never heard back… So 3rd call and finally it is attached to acct. So anybody with new data points on DD i would be interested. Acc to DOC Santander coded DD from Alliant. So in a few weeks I can get back to the real joy MSIng. IM in upstate NY…on CT border. We are entering Phase 3 according to our “fantastic” gov.

1 Like

well anyone comment as to whether the 4k WF deposit will merit the 400 bonus? Data points on DOC state that Santander and BOA code as DD. along with Alliant, other sites state Alliant does not work. So I did all 3 and pulled out to leave Santander. look I have done about 15 bank bonuses but stopped 2 years ago to spend more time with MS. $4,001.00 Sandander posts as Payment Alliant as online transfer BOA as P2P. None say DD. Do these count nowadays…anyone.?/

thanks

Back in 2018 when I got my last wells fargo bonus, the “fake” direct deposits from my small business account that led to me getting the bonus look like this on my statement

[Business Name] Deposit Dp26825361 [My Name]
Each deposit had a different bunch of random numbers after “Dp”

Sadly, it looks like none of yours have the word “deposit” in the transaction description. “P2P” and “Online Transfer” usually don’t code as direct deposits. “Payment” might. You’ve still got a chance.

My Alliant ACH’s coded as direct deposit within the past couple months.

Mine just says Alliant Cu Xfer, but the Wells Fargo category in online banking is direct deposit. You think it didn’t trigger it? I guess I should find out soon. On the statement, they show as “qualfying direct deposits” for waiving the monthly fee.

1 Like

As someone who has easy access to DD (thankfully megacorp allows changes any time and up to 10(!) accounts), but already has Chase, how much can one theoretically milk this through? I see Citi and PNC/Bank of the West has some great bonuses now, but Citi has a lot of trouble with posting bonuses and I heard PNC is difficult to close the account. Is this just part of the “game” and deal with the repercussions later? Or are there easier, more profitable areas for me to check out?

as a MSer who wont be back in biz till I get vaccine: PNC and WF are quite easy. Both accts I have plus family have gotten many of the bonuses/. 300 PNC and 400 WF. If in footprint TD 300 and Santander 225 are quite easy. Do not bother with Citi, too many bad stories. Bu why close PNC and WF.?? They seem to post as DD at all the banks I use that require DD whereas BOA does not and other banks do not.

I’m guessing you have Chase checking, as there’s no reason to keep their savings account. You can churn the savings account for $200-$300 once every 2 years.

Citi can be a hassle if bonus doesn’t post automatically, but if you keep good records (T&C, screenshots, dates of all the qualifying events, etc), it just takes some effort. First time I had to chat and call multiple times before it got resolved. Last time I just sent a message detailing the offer, listing all the dates (opening, deposits, expected bonus), and asked to escalate, as first line CSRs are usually a waste of time, but the request to escalate is like a trigger for them :slight_smile: . Got a response and bonus a few days later.

You’re not gonna become a heavy hitter with bank bonuses alone :grin:. I do a few $200+ offers every year. Player2 does the same.

What else? Stock mkt?

CD’s used to work well when we picked up few like Sharonview 4%.(mine won’t mature until 7/23).

No and no. Read this for the original definition of heavy hitter.

Interesting, thanks! I didn’t realize I could just churn through the Savings bonus, I’ll sign up once my lucrative Ally CDs expire :slight_smile:

Back to Fat Wallet…2011. Thanks

1 Like