Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

I just wish it was clearly disclosed or explained. I too tend to hold things to maturity, paper losses (or profits right now) are fine.

CFG Bank MM was 3.85% now 4.00%
UFB Direct MM was 3.83% now 3.91%
UFB Direct Savings was 3.83% now 3.91%
Western Bank MM was 3.00% now 3.50%
Alliant CU Savings was 2.50% now 2.60%
Colorado Federal Savings Bank Savings was 2.40% now 2.80%
TIAA Bank MM was 2.25% now 3.00%
Varo Bank Savings was 2.00% now 3.00%
Self Help CU MM was 1.53% now 1.89%

6 Likes

That’s just a wish too far. :smile:

You can bet it’s disclosed somewhere, possibly in item 16 of paragraph 28 of section XII of Part 2 of your brokerage agreement that you clicked “OK” on when you initially signed up. :smile: If you received a printed copy, it was in the same location, but in 6pt font.

That’s how much they pay (2 miles per $1 deposited for a year), not how much they value the miles on 1099-INT. According to google, they value the miles at $0.42 (for 2020 and 2021 at least), which is surprisingly decent. I can’t figure out how to calculate the equivalent APY…

2 Likes

yeah that’s what I meant. quoted the wrong post

It’s hard to calculate APY since it’s a range on how to value miles usage. Value at $0.42 is probably Bask purchase price. But I tend to use the miles for business class awards so I value it a lot more. It used to be an easy decision with low rates. Now at 3.85% opp. cost. it’s harder…

Blue FCU MM(via SaveBetter) was 3.75% now 4.00%
Lemmata Savings Bank MM(via SaveBetter) was 3.70% now 3.95%
Vio Bank MM was 3.52% now 3.62%
Connect One Bank Savings was 3.25% now 4.00%
My Savings Direct Savings was 1.50% now 3.90%

6 Likes

Heads up that BrioDirect has pulled shenanigans as their advertised rate (currently 3.75% APY) is only for their newer High-Yield Savings Plus accounts and they didn’t automatically transition the older account type (High Yield Savings w/o the “Plus” suffix which gets the lower interest rate of 2.127%) to the newer account type.

To get the higher interest rate, you have to open a new High-Yield Savings Plus account and then transfer your money.

5 Likes

Post was deleted by the author.

5 Likes

Capital One 360 also did the same thing. Pre-pandemic, their 360 Money Market had their best rate and then they introduced the 360 Performance Savings which had the best rate. At least those names were pretty different and it was easy to realize you should take action, whereas w/ BrioDirect it’s really easy to miss that your “High-Yield Savings” account is not getting the rate advertised for their “High-Yield Savings Plus” account.

Overall it’s pretty annoying when banks pull this crap.

2 Likes

4-week T-Bill 4.017% → 3.711%
:sob:

2 Likes

wow huge drop. I wonder if it’s time to lock in longer duration bonds (like 6mo. or 1 yr)

A year would free up your money at potentially the worst time. Keep it short, or go long.

5-year CDs ticked up to the 4.2% range (from 4%), with one new issue (a 6-yr term) offering a 4.25% rate. I’m still holding out hope for more 5% long term offers in the next couple months.

2 Likes

Valley Direct Savings was 3.60% now 4.00%
First Foundation Bank Savings was 3.60% now 4.00%
Ivy Bank Savings was 3.50% now 3.90%
Liberty Savings Bank Savings was 3.50% now 3.85%
mph Bank MM was 3.50% now 3.85%
SalemFiveDirect was 3.50% now 4.10%
CIBC Savings was 3.27% now 3.37%
Rising Bank Savings was 3.25% now 3.50%

6 Likes

don’t forget Capital One 360 also had non-transitioned savings accounts when High Yield Savings were created. No auto-transfer or conversions

1 Like

And that’s OK, since neither of those accounts has been at the top of the list for quite some time :wink:. At least they don’t do it each time the rate changes (like the various divisions of Emigrant Bank).

Motivation

1 Like

“More” relative to what? The savings accounts they did hold their money in?

4 Likes

The top yielding cash savings rate vs the average. Everyone has to hold the average, on average, after all.

Depends. Is the average savings rate weighted by balances held at that rate? Or does one bank yileding 1% and one bank yielding 2% result in an average of 1.5%, regardless of how many assets either bank held at that rate?

1 Like

Just received message that Bask Bank interest saving account has gone from 3.85% to 4.03% APY

5 Likes