Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

Now the virus itself is showing a political bias…

1 Like

I have NEVER liked Richard Burr. He is a RINO elitist skunk, right up there with Romney, Corker, Flake, and (prior to his death) McCain. Why the people of North Carolina ever elected that guy is beyond my ken. I hope he is drummed out of office and a conservative Republican is elected to replace him.

RINOs . . . . are Democrats.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I guess you would like him if he’s not a RINO.

-RINO or ex-Republican

I like conservatives. I’m not a Republican. Too many of them are wimps.

“Workers had to remove the T-shirt remnants to clear the blockage.” :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Forget about self-medicating this. You not only risk blindness. 2000mg or more is potentially deadly in minutes. 1000mg in children. Usual adult dosage for acute cases is 800 mg first dose, then up to 1500 mg over 3 days. Acid reducer prevent metabolic intake so can lead to increased concentration in plasma. It’ll interact with some general antibiotics too, one of which is frequently used for pneumonia. It has history of causing epilepsy, is dangerous for people with renal issues (kidneys), etc … Just don’t screw around with chemicals (at least not before adding me as sole beneficiary to your estate). :wink:

4 Likes

“As a result of the crappy situation, officials put out the word: “Bag it. Don’t flush it.””

2 Likes

Though I’d expect to see a news release on IRS.gov for this, it’s not there yet…

1 Like

My tax refund is $8. Next year (if I’m still here) I will have to pay.

Wow! A 3 month interest free loan. If interest rates were higher, I’d jump for joy.

2 Likes

We have a separate thread for that topic, which like most tax matters and IRS stuff has its own special complications and convolutions. Couple of good posts over there.

Too bad the cause of the free loan also caused rates to be zero…

1 Like

Getting hard to keep track of all these topics that tend to cross into each other’s subject… I tried to find a more relevant one, but thought we kept the tax filing updates here since they were related to the virus.

1 Like

Agreed.

Sorry you had trouble. Here is a link:

Link to tax changes thread

Even posted a personal “hello” message for you over there! :smiley: Your input will certainly be valuable and welcome.

2 Likes

The Doctor Who Helped Defeat Smallpox Explains What’s Coming

Novel “means it’s new. That there is no human being in the world that has immunity as a result of having had it before. That means it’s capable of infecting 7.8 billion of our brothers and sisters.”

“…did we get good advice from the president of the United States for the first 12 weeks? No. All we got were lies. Saying it’s fake, by saying this is a Democratic hoax. There are still people today who believe that, to their detriment. Speaking as a public health person, this is the most irresponsible act of an elected official that I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. But what you’re hearing now [to self-isolate, close schools, cancel events] is right. Is it going to protect us completely? Is it going to make the world safe forever? No. It’s a great thing because we want to spread out the disease over time.”

“By slowing it down or flattening it, we’re not going to decrease the total number of cases, we’re going to postpone many cases, until we get a vaccine—which we will, because there’s nothing in the virology that makes me frightened that we won’t get a vaccine in 12 to 18 months. Eventually, we will get to the epidemiologist gold ring.”

“That means, A, a large enough quantity of us have caught the disease and become immune. And B, we have a vaccine. The combination of A plus B is enough to create herd immunity, which is around 70 or 80 percent.”

8 Likes

I’ll just say if this drags out 18 months before we can leave our homes and life can resume, CPS is going to be one very busy agency… Three days in, and I went grocery shopping in an empty store for nothing in particular, just to get away for a bit.

But on the other hand, today’s young people seem to have been training for social isolation all their lives.

2 Likes

Here’s today’s young people… Clueless Spring Breakers Vow To Party On Despite Coronavirus Warnings

2 Likes
3 Likes

NYC hospitals already hitting capacity limits. Looks like they didn’t shut down soon enough.

2 Likes