Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

NY NJ seeing 13% of new cases being O. It’s going to be everywhere and soon.

2 Likes

I’m fairly positive it’s not an option for me with a child in daycare. I hardly ever go anywhere and just got over two different kinds of flu that hit me back to back (flu vax didn’t help). Most likely my little disease vector brought them home, since he got sick first. I figured if I’m not getting the Booster, I’m getting the Omicron.

3 Likes

Marketing depts. love to write press releases … until something like Bhopal happens. Then, the legal eagles have to earn their pay.

I love that line … Coming soon to a Hallmark card near you.

3 Likes

Wasnt that said to begin with, everyone is going to get it? Then said again with Delta? And now again for Omnicrom? And yet nearly two years later, we’re still at 80% of the population never having any of the above (at least to the point of them knowing they have it).

Wait, so you are knowingly choosing to [what you consider to be] inevitably allow your kid get infected with such a horrible, deadly virus?

1 Like

O much more upper respiratory and much much faster.

2 Likes

Doubling time for O is 2 days. UK hits new record of daily cases, ever, and they’re very very highly vaccinated.

1 Like

Rogan interviews a highly credentialed heart doctor who got censored for suggesting treatment and lots of weird coincidences (the 2nd biggest HCQ plant in the world being burned down when it looked promising, etc). Very good conversation, clearly very knowledgeable.

Lots of detail on treatment and how those were suppressed early on to favor vaccines over drugs.

3 Likes

Is there a problem with favoring vaccines over drugs? I think you’re implying that there is.

You see people trying to ban generics like ivermectin because they might work, not because they’re harmful to people. Doctors get kicked out of their hospitals, thrown off social media, having their board licenses threatened etc.

This guy was in favor of both drugs and vaccines, and thought it was terrible that more wasn’t done to help people before they got to the hospital, where for some, it would be too late to help. He had a very practical approach of looking for things that might help during the different disease phases, based on theoretical drug mechanisms, and where the risks of the drug itself were low.

But not only was this not done, it was actively discouraged. That’s what he meant by prioritizing vaccines to the exclusion of therapeutics.

3 Likes

At the time everyone was insisting we were more than a year away from a vaccine? Yes, favoring (and not a casually preferring type of favoring, but a very dramatic demanding) such a non-existing vaccine over existing drugs seems like quite a problem. Especially when they were not mutually exclusive options to begin with; allowing treatment with existing drugs would in no way have slowed the vaccine development timeline.

Even now, so many remaining so adament that established generic drugs not even be given a chance by those who are practically begging to try them is…baffling.

3 Likes

Not to those who “follow the money”.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was going to also say that the only rational explanations require thinking the worst of such people.

The PFE R&D guys are working hard :wink:

4 Likes

We have to get comfortable with fully vaccinated folks testing positive, that’s going to be our new normal," Gupta told the Today show hosts.

What?!? That’s been the “normal” for a year, there’s nothing new about it. He even goes on to acknowledge this isn’t anything new:

Gupta explained that with respiratory viruses like COVID-19 or the flu, it’s not possible to fully prevent infections,

So once again, it looks like the people who have been saying the vaccine doesn’t stop infections, who have been adamantly denounced and rejected as “denying the science”, actually were the ones listening to the science…

1 Like

Yeah, they were just early, and for that, they got banned from social media as disinformation.

1 Like

He is good. He has been interviewed extensively if anyone wants to learn more. Podcasts, TV shows etc

Walensky said two studies in Los Angeles County and Lake County in Illinois showed promising results of the strategy working in conjunction with proper mask wearing and monitoring of symptoms and close contacts.

Why not study the countless schools that have shown equally promising results with their “none of the above” approach?

Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the “test to stay” strategy would increase testing of children and their close contacts after an exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in order to prevent the child from having to isolate at home and miss time in class.

Or, you could just eliminate the requirement that they isolate at home and miss time in class… :shushing_face:

1 Like

From this same link, at the bottom:

Pfizer and BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine trial in children ages 2-5 suggests the vaccine is safe but not effective enough to prevent infection with COVID-19, and the companies have decided to add a third dose to their trial.

Which goes really well with this already-posted quote:

:crazy_face:

So basically, we already know it really isnt possible to fully prevent infections, but dammit, we’re going to keep adding vaccine doses to keep trying anyways…

1 Like

Sure. At fifty bucks profit per shot, plus or minus, for Pfizer why the hell not!!

We’re all paying through the nose so Pfizer stockholders can become rich! It’s one hell of a racket!!

And when they’re practically “printing money”, why should the Pfizer potentates and their government enablers care that the shots do not really work!

3 Likes