Fidelity now has individual HSAs

Fidelity may give you a credit for that amount if you ask. It’s less satisfying than spite directed at the old place, but almost no hassle.

Does anyone here have HSABank account? I was searching fresh “fee schedule” for their HSAs and looks like monthly fee for account (if balance less than $5k) was eliminated. If that is correct, they are now very competitive with ability to invest through Ameritrade (which belongs to Schwab now).
Did I miss anything?

I have HSA Bank through my GEHA insurance, but GEHA pays whichever fees on my behalf or has negotiated them away. The bulk of my HSA is at Fidelity - I would see no reason to leave Fidelity personally.

1 Like

Thanks for reply, _TJ
I am locked out of Fidelity, so have to look for alternatives

How are you locked of Fidelity? Not trying to be harsh, but I don’t think you can, legally, be “locked out” of Fidelity.

I’ve had HSABank, and a couple of others over the past decade. Each year, I transfer the $7 or $8 thousand from whichever “bank” is used for our employer’s HSA accounts to our Fidelity HSA.

@Honkinggoose

Decided to start contributions to taxable investments and opened new Fidelity account, it did not go too well, although at that time I was their customer for 10+ years and had Fidelity branded credit card also.
As soon as we deposited our first $10k - they blocked account for suspicious activity! When called - they refuse to unlock access to our money unless we go to third party service provider and check all our computers and phones for viruses and send them ORIGINAL receipts for each. We are both in IT and diligently run antivirus software on all our computers, but Fidelity was not satisfied with that, said that going to “Geek squad” for example and produce receipt from them will do it. Mind you to tell that it would cost us about $150 per device. I asked to send my money back - they refused also as they can not confirm my identity over the phone.
After multiple calls to Fidelity and reading about similar cases on other boards we went to Vanguard and let them pull our money out, from all my Fidelity accounts (taxable and IRAs) It took them a little longer than usual but transaction was completed without single phone call from our side, will never go back to Fidelity, NEVER, my online access blocked already for 4 years and they still demand those original receipts for virus checks.
We are not sure what triggered such hostile Fidelity policy, but suspect that logging in from work through proxy had something to do with it, I tried to explain that it was me, but they did not want to do anything until we produce third party verification of no viruses on our devices.
So to your question - I am locked out of Fidelity Online, can still have accounts with them but it is useless without online access.

2 Likes

WOW! I’m shocked, and have never heard of such a thing. Vanguard has meddled with me a couple of times, but nothing to that extent. I understand your distaste for anything branded Fidelity.