How best to liquidate $800 in rebate debit cards?

Wouldn’t you be able to make a purchase at any grocery store and request additional cash back, e.g. buy a few 6-packs of PBR and ask for another $80.00 cash on an $100.00 debit card?

Most rebate debit cards don’t allow cash back (or any cash access, such as a bank cash advance). But occasionally you get lucky:

I once drained a stack of $100 gift cards at a grocer by buying a few yogurts and getting cash back. I figured out what the total cost would be first, so I could quickly request the balance in cash back at the self check out.

1 Like

Oiiii! Definitely please don’t try liquidating these at WM if you don’t know what you’re doing. It wouldn’t be worth the learning curve or your time to try to liquidate multiple low balance cards. I’d use them for generic spend on everyday purchases or you can prepay your bills (no, I’ve never heard of any vendor charging a fee to prepay your bill). With cell, water, gas, electric, garbage, etc, it shouldn’t take long to prepay and get your accounts back to $0. Shoot, go on Amazon as one poster mentioned and load some Amazon gift cards to your account. There’s tons of ways to easily liquidate $800 in GC through regular spend or pre-paying accounts.

Don’t sweat the $16 you’d lose on a 2% credit card. It’s the cost of doing business with prepaid cards. You usually can’t withdraw cash from these at a bank or ATM. Just use them for spend.

1 Like

What a coincidence. Here’s a great way to buy money with gift cards that someone just posted on THIS forum!

2 Likes