Individual Stock Discussions

Well.

As of yesterday, the spread between the 2yr and 10yr treasuries was only 56 basis points. A flat yield curve is associated with a recession, and if the Fed raises interest rates in this disinflationary environment, it could result in an inverted yield curve.

But that is almost a third of the 2 years rate. Does absolute difference or percentage difference matter?

Couple weeks ago this was hot on twitter:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-16/bond-traders-should-prepare-for-yield-curve-to-zero-out-in-2018

[quote=“umcsom, post:163, topic:356, full:true”]
But that is almost a third of the 2 years rate. Does absolute difference or percentage difference matter?[/quote]
It’s the differential, the “spread”.

[quote=“Stubtify, post:164, topic:356, full:true”]
Couple weeks ago this was hot on twitter:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-16/bond-traders-should-prepare-for-yield-curve-to-zero-out-in-2018[/quote]

And it’s now even flatter.

1 Like

Does anyone here hold POT? I have owned it long term. They are going through a tender offer for Canadian residents. I can’t really tell what that means for US holders though. Any thoughts?

What’s so great about a little cigar company with no revenues, basically no assets, and about $1M in debts it has no hope of paying, that they were up 3000% today? They thinking about buying a couple crypto-mining machines. Market cap went from $30k to over $2M. Not A Bubble ™.

I might start to accumulate BOA if their earnings begin to look up.
Trying to diversify a little more.

sold IAU @ 12.08

LFIN - Say the magic word “blockchain” +2000% in two days, $4B valuation, nearly $1B in trading volume today. Definitely don’t believe the CEO when he says the recent $5 IPO price was fair. Not A Bubble.

I know it’s a bubble but it can last a long time. It sucks because I don’t want to pay a load of $ for a new video card.

PCG looking like a good short

Funny you say that, I just re-bought 250 shares @$42.30. (PCG)

Good buy and good luck for now. Looking like it was a good short at -10% after market yesterday, -15% now.

Thanks. Well see. I’m technically short and long as I wrote 2 options on the rest of my shares ($52.59) earlier this week. Still bigly red overall after today’s drop. And I’m going to miss those dividends, although I think that the suspension is more about image than cash flow problems.

If CA decides their negligence caused those fires, they will have a big big legal bill. They were just fighting as too expensive some safety measures to avoid fires around their power lines a few days before hand too (and won, so wouldn’t implement those changes). Not sure why they care about cost - surely that gets billed to the customers anyway. PG&E - “would you like some more chromium with your fires?” Models of corporate governance.

1 Like

Exactly why I like them.

I got a few at 42.25 and so far so good.

As an alternative to PCG might I submit SCG. It is still paying divs but even more beaten up. SCG is going through a battle related to their decision to stop funding their Sumner nuclear new build due to cost over runs and a bankruptcy of their contractor. They are being asked to reduce their rates and claw back some of what payers have already paid for the failed nuclear plant.

Also a lot of tax loss selling in the MLPs which could rebound strongly in early 18.
KMI, ETP,BPL, NSH,CNNC, EPD, EEQ,EEP
I even like AIG for a January effect trade. Oh and there are the JCP trusts paying 15% or so and half of par. KTP,PFH.
Everything mentioned are Jan effect tax loss trades including SCG, mentioned in previous post.