Making Manufactured Spending Worthwhile (2017)

The processing fee is not 3%. It’s a bit more than half that.

Sorry all for three posts in a row, but…

The method I posted [should be] is WIDELY known. I hope you weren’t implying I am a beginner, spouting off a bunch of trade secrets… I don’t want anyone to think that, because I am not that kind of person. I am discreet where/when required. wink

2 Likes

Does PayPal let you add a Prepaid card to your account to make legitimate PayPal purchases with? I do have a potential low-volume arbitrage opportunity available on eBay and if I could use the Prepaid cards to pay for eBay purchases via PayPal, that may work well for me. I am not interested in buying eBay Gift Cards with the Prepaid cards first - have had some issues with eBay GCs in the past.

Yep. I think there’s even an option to pay, specifically, with a prepaid card. Not sure how it differs from just adding a credit/debit.

Any real volume of all prepaid cards on a payment processor is going to eventually cause you issues. Even the one Jaytrader and I use need to see DL/SSN at some point.

Actually, I had to send them a CC statement showing the purchases and payments, because apparently NYS (where I live) is cracking down and needs to see this stuff. Otherwise, they would have to close my account. Given I had two more cards to churn through this year, at that time, I had no choice.

Also, to that point, a DL/SSN is required to get the 1.75% rate.

1 Like

Yes, you can load prepaid PayPal cards directly into Paypal. There is a limit for daily and weekly/monthly loads though but I can’t remember what they are off the top of my head. You can purchase items directly from e-bay with your balance, make transfers to other linked bank accounts (use very sparingly because they can and will shut you down for this!) and if you get a 1% Paypal Business Debit Card, you can use this debit card to draw from your Paypal balance.

BTW, where do you go to buy Paypal GC now? My local Walgreens no longer sells them.

I’ve never seen a PayPal gift card. I was referring to the Visa/AMEX prepaid gift cards - and loading those into PayPal.

“Loading” them into PayPal and using PayPal as the payment processor are two different things. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original question. You can’t “load” your PayPal account with funds from the prepaid cards, as far as I’m aware. You can, however, use PayPal to process your payment, with a prepaid card as the “credit card” source of money.

ETA: I didn’t misunderstand your question, you just didn’t ask the same question before. Sorry for any confusion caused.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I want to do. I wonder if there will be any hassles or requirements for the prepaid Visa card to have a billing zip code/address associated. From my limited reading, some cards allow you to add a billing address, some a billing zip code only, and some not at all. But there’s a hassle associated with adding it.

Ahh, I misunderstood your question too. You can’t load your Visa/MC GC balance into Paypal directly but you can use them to process a payment if the GC would allow you to make online purchases. Some do some don’t and some require you register them online before doing so. Best suggestion is just to purchase one or more different GCs and try it.

You mean something like this?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1653142-h-e-l-l-o-method-what.html

I agree.

Whoa what card is this??? Grandfathered or still able to apply for?

Is OBC really that unknown? There is a HUGE FT thread about it. With a working link in it.

1 Like

Yup, I have 8 of these cards. Once you figure out the steps: procuring to liquidating, reward becomes a function of time.

btw, I have also found the holy grail of bill paying Amex credit cards directly using VGC. Don’t PM me. Not going to reveal that. This is not VGC -> MO -> Amex.

I get your reluctance, but you’re basically just being a snob and throwing it in our faces by saying that. Kind of undermines the entire spirit of the discussion. Some things are better left unsaid, I guess.

12 Likes

You have 8 OBC to your name?

I know what avenues/methods can be shared and what cannot be shared. This one is a definite no.
I have MS’d hundreds of thousands of dollars in the last 2 years. So, if you have any MS questions, post it here/IM me and I’ll answer the best I can.

Yes, 4 + 4 for my spouse and myself. Amex upper limit is 5 cards per SSN.

[quote=“Northstar2020, post:38, topic:649”]
I have MS’d hundreds of thousands of dollars in the last 2 years.
[/quote]OMG, I have to learn how to do this!!

Actually Northstar, I remember you and I trading messages on FW. Hope the interim has treated you well.

Don’t hate on northstar. First figure out how to do basic MS, like TripleB is doing. Then up your volume until you find tradeoffs in time and profits, like Jay has done. Then come to the dark side :slight_smile: Jay can tell you it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, but for some heavy hitting MS works.

6 Likes