Poll: Share your opinion regarding the Virginia gubernatorial race

According to the NYtimes website, as of 1144 pm Youngkin increased his lead to 92,000 votes. The website just says more than 95% of the vote in but it doesn’t specify how much more. so can’t tell how many left to count.

as of 1150 it went up to about 99,000.

but the networks and the AP refused to call the race.

I’m shocked . . . . . SHOCKED!!

This is what they do when they are losing. The mainstream media detests reporting election results they don’t like.

1 Like

ABC News calls it for Youngkin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/republican-glenn-youngkin-projected-to-win-virginia-governors-race/ar-AAQfDb9?ocid=BingNews

Edit. New Jersey too close to call

2 Likes

:smiley:

Parents (that voted for Obama) to school boards: We saw what you were teaching our kids because you made them go to school on the computer at home. We don’t like it. Stick to teaching them what we learned as kids.

School boards and teachers’ unions: We’re not actually teaching what you saw us teach. And even if we are, we know better than you. Sit down and shut up.

Terry McAuliffe: I agree with the school boards and teachers’ unions. Parents don’t have a right to say what their kids are taught in public schools. If you want to do that, send your kids to private school like I did. Also, I will make sure you can only do that if you are rich like me.

Parents (that voted for Obama) to McAuliffe: We’re voting for the other guy. And the black female Lt. Governor while we’re at it.

Every left leaning pundit: White supremacy on the minds of white voters (that voted for Obama) in Virginia as they elect Youngkin (and a black female Lt. Governor).

@scripta or @Bend3r Is there anything inaccurate about that summation?

6 Likes

Democrat McAuliffe Concedes Va. Governor’s Race to Republican Youngkin

The Republicans complete their sweep of Virginia. Unfortunately, the state Senate seats were not in the election.

2 Likes

I don’t live in Virginia or follow Virginia politics closely.

My only takeaway is 2022/2024 will be a full Trump/Q slate from the QOP. That should make some very happy.

1 Like

In an ideal world, Democrats would take a hard look in the mirror and ask themselves whether maybe they should have rethought their approach to Critical Race Theory. Or the constant belittling of parents who want their children to take off their masks and get back to class. Or the embrace of a radical agenda that imagines the whole of America in the grip of white supremacy. Or the nomination of a professional politician whose name is closely linked with Clinton-era globalization, the displacement of the working class, and the corruption of the American meritocracy. But why do that when… you can just write off millions of voters as rubes?

The “Critical Race Theory isn’t real” meme is not about race. It’s not about politics. It’s not even a culture war, really. It’s about class . It’s about one class a highly-educated chattering clas s— using highly specialized language to tell normal parents that they lack sufficient intellectual capacity and are imagining things because they’ve been brainwashed. A highly-educated progressive media has used its educational advantage—92 percent of American journalists have a college degree to gaslight working-class parents of all races. Under the guise of fighting racism.

3 Likes

Someone translate this into English please.

3 Likes

“Only brainwashed radical conspiracy theory racists would ever oppose giving away our country to those who’ve repeatedly failed to earn anything on their own.”

Is that good enough?

1 Like

Hasnt it long been known that the best way to successfully brainwash someone is to keep telling them they’ve already been brainwashed by the other side?

There’s a vocal segment who says they’re still Republican but they “don’t like” trump/qanon. And claim they’re gonna move the party back away from the nutjobs that currently have control and back to “conservative” candidates (like those currently in the Democrat party, throwing wrenches in every attempts to get things done.).

These results show the “Trump wing” is still in full control of the party and it’s likely they’ll be filling all the spots in the upcoming GOP tickets. If they had instead done poorly, the “moderates/conservatives” would maybe have had more influence, as it’d been demonstrated that the Trump brand was not being helpful.

I agree, it’s mostly bullshit. If they don’t like the trump/qanon shit they should already be voting 100% against the full tickets, as the “party” infrastructure is 100% behind supporting trump/qanon right now. They’re just pretending they don’t like it.

Of course you want them to do that. But the see the radical democrats as being far worse than the crudeness of Trump.

I don’t want them to do anything. They can decide their own votes.
Crudeness is no issue, it’s the outright lawlessness. Yes people can decide for themselves.

Myself, I switched from nearly straight ticket GOP to split ticket (2012) and then straight ticket anything-but-GOP in 2016, as the nutcases were already rising in the party. I was an elected delegate to the State GOP convention in 2012… No, I’m not planning to ever vote for a GOP candidate again. I find it unlikely the party will ever return to conservative in the areas I supported, and the other areas I did not support to start with.

The “infighting” in the Democratic party that is always visible is because there’s so many moderate and conservative members of the Democratic party now. It’s not a far-left echo-chamber, they have to reach compromises with the moderates and conservatives to even get their members all in line to support something. Remainder of GOP is primarily alt-right now, and even moreso after the retirements that are announced. The adults have all left that room.

They did exactly that, and you’re criticizing them for it.

You realize you can swap the Democrat and Republican in this statement, and the result is how the other half of the country sees it? The Democrats are all on the radical spectrum, while the Republicans have an internal struggle between the conservatives, the Trumpians, and the alt-right - and they’re the ones that have to reach compromise to get everyone in line.

In contrast to VA with the presumed Democratic favorite, AP was pretty quick to call NJ though it’s a very close race. Better to declare victory for the Democrat and figure out how to justify it later and sweep away all the irregularities from a position of strength ala Biden 2020.

4 Likes

I didn’t know Jennifer Rubin was a member of our forum. Welcome Jen!

3 Likes

Let the MSM whining commence.

5 Likes

TLDR;
Any articles talking analyzing why Seattle’s voters elected the Republican candidate for City attorney instead of a radical anti-police krazy? I mean, Virginia has been a swing state for awhile but Seattle is a die-hard, unrepentant , loyal progressive city.

1 Like