Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

It went by too fast for me to get much from it. My subconscious gestalt was that it was mostly leftist. Typical California left.

1 Like

Walmart says they’re taking it out of their stores but selling it outline online. The reason they gave is that it had negative reviews. Sounds like BS. Too bad because I’m a big customer of Walmart.

Maybe the fired employees can find a job at Twitter? Oh I forgot LOL

Those responsible for the Wednesday letter were fired by Thursday afternoon, the Times reported on the basis of three employees’ confirmation and an email obtained from SpaceX President and COO Gwynne Shotwell.

”The letter, solicitations and general process made employees feel uncomfortable, intimidated and bullied, and/or angry because the letter pressured them to sign onto something that did not reflect their views,” Shotwell wrote. “We have too much critical work to accomplish and no need for this kind of overreaching activism.”

Even the Jan 6th show trials are getting censored on social media, because they talked to Trump and of course he said the election was stolen.

I’m sure this would be fine tho

We are very excited to feature the first-ever gay kiss in a Congressional hearing," said Chairman Bennie Thompson. "For too long, the LGBTQQIP2SAA+++ community has been underrepresented in our esteemed political stunts and televised show trials.

2 Likes

Really? I’m unfamiliar with his products, but my question would be, "Does Walmart remove all items that a certain percentage of negative reviews? If so, let the review wars begin.

ETA: I am aware that he is hated by most Progressives/Communists.

As an aside I think that, reviews, for the most part, are completely bogus. My perfect example - car dealerships. Look up any Honda/Toyota/Nissan dealership. Check their reviews. Have you EVER been happy with negotiating your deal? Have you generally been happy with your service saleman/woman/it? Ooops! I meant service advisor.

The left media are playing this as if it contradicts Musk’s desire for free speech on Twitter. Of course, there’s a huge difference. The fired employees were doing it on company time using company resources. Their politicking had nothing to do with their job functions at SpaceX. It actually interfered and used up time that should have been spent doing these functions.

Twitter explicitly does not endorse the views of anything posted on their website. Indeed to get their section 230 protection, they have to state they just publish others’ views.

2 Likes

The woke trans follies continue

Professor Marc Turner, director of the Scottish National Blood Transfusion Service, said it is now a requirement to answer the pregnancy question because “Whilst pregnancy is only a relevant question to those whose biological sex or sex assigned at birth is female, sex assigned at birth is not always visually clear to staff.”

Sinclair did point out to the SNBTS staff that it is literally impossible for him to be in a position of pregnancy, to which the staff replied “answer” or he “couldn’t give blood.”

“I told them that was stupid,” Sinclair said, “and that if I had to leave, I wouldn’t be back, and that was it, I got on my bike and cycled away.”

Turner did thank Sinclair for his years of donation but stood by excluding him for inclusion’s sake.

3 Likes

A small amount of sanity in the trans culture war. But only 71% of the FINA members voted for the ban.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/20gg22/06/19/fina-vote-to-ban-transgender-athletes-in-womens-competitions-n2608974

The new policy will require transgender swimmers to have completed their transition by 12 years old to compete in women’s competitions and maintain their circulating testosterone below the levels of 2.5 nmol/L.

“This is not saying that people are encouraged to transition by the age of 12. It’s what the scientists are saying, that if you transition after the start of puberty, you have an advantage, which is unfair,” James Pierce, the spokesperson for the FINA president said.

Pierce made it clear though, that the ban doesn’t mean they want to promote transitioning by the age of 11.

“They’re not saying everyone should transition by age 11; that’s ridiculous. You can’t transition by that age in most countries, and hopefully you wouldn’t be encourage to. Basically, what they’re saying is that it is not feasible for people who have transitioned to compete without having an advantage.”

With 71 percent of the vote in favor of the ban, FINA’s executive director said that the approach in drafting the regulations was science backed, comprehensive and emphasized competitive fairness.

5 Likes

We can only hope the other 29% voted against it because the ban still allowed it if they "transitioned’ prior to age 12, which is an asinine concept in and of itself.

Seriously, how long before we have parents deciding they want their new child to grow up to be a champion women’s swimmer, so they make their newborn be a girl regardless of it’s actual gender? It’s insanity at a level that, if regarding any other subject, would mean certain institutionalization for anyone trying to impliment it.

4 Likes

This makes perfectly good sense from a standpoint of preventing errors. Nothing is foolproof against mistakes, high reliability is obtained by having multiple layers of protection. In the real world sometimes they’re going to judge by appearances rather than the chart–my wife has been asked for a pregnancy test at 70. Obviously that was a harmless failure, but what if it went the other way around? I have been distracted and walked into MRI zone 3 with my glasses on–I perfectly well know you can’t wear glasses in the MRI and had taken them off–but then put them on to deal with a malfunctioning light and forgot about them. A harmless failure because they double check.

That wasn’t the point of the question. It wasn’t a double check. It was inclusivity. The man saw the question and said it didn’t apply to him. The proper response would have been to say “you don’t have to fill it out” or “just write n/a” or for the blood bank to check the “no” box for him. The proper response was not to let a perfectly good blood donor walk out the door because you want a questionnaire to be so overly inclusive that it won’t piss off a trans person but will piss off a person that disagrees with the pro-trans agenda.

It was on the blood bank to budge in this particular case because the guy in the story caught the change in the questionnaire because he has been donating blood for decades. Most people that are against the pro-trans agenda would still answer that question because we have no baseline. I have checked the “no” box for a health questionnaire asking me if I was pregnant way before the “woke” crowd started saying that “men” could be pregnant. But the point of those questionnaires wasn’t woke inclusivity, it was simplicity. If I had a frame of reference that the question was added for inclusivity, I would have a problem with it like this guy did. If you are asking me to donate something of mine, don’t piss me off in the process.

4 Likes

They aren’t judging by appearance, they’ve already asked the male/female question. If that answer is male, there’s no reason to ask, let alone require, an answer about pregnancy.

If someone wants to pretend to be a different gender and lie about it on medical forms, the responsibility is on them to also convey such contradictions they’ve created.

4 Likes

My point was that they don’t always look at the forms. If that nurse had looked at the file she was holding she wouldn’t have asked my wife for a pregnancy test.

Swiss cheese error prevention–nothing is going to stop all errors, thus you have multiple layers where one catches what was missed elsewhere.

I know, that’s what “judging by appearance” would mean. And when the person appears to be male, and states that they are male [to what is often literally the previous question], then it is up to the person doing the misleading to address any contradictions their responses have created. Not up to those answering correctly to verify yet another time that they are answering correctly. As Meed said, this isnt about preventing errors, it’s about offending the group of people that they think will spark the least uproar.

(To clarify, since I see this and my previous post seem to be saying opposite things - I get what you are saying, but was assuming the gender and pregnancy questions are part of the same data collection, be it verbal or written. If gender is only stated on a form, pregnancy was asked on that same form and wouldn’t be asked verbally; and if being asked about pregnancy verbally, it’s often preceded by the gender question as well. So the gender answer is informing the appropriateness of the pregnancy question either way.)

2 Likes

The recall of the San Francisco school board members earlier this year is really paying off. The vote was only 4-3 so the voters have more work to do. But to give credit where it is due, the new board members were appointed by the democrat mayor of San Francisco, London Breed

In San Francisco, Lowell High School has long been known as one of the most successful schools in the state, if not the nation. It produced a generation of gifted and talented students who were sought after by the country’s most prestigious colleges and universities. The school used a merit-based admissions process, selecting applicants who showed the most promise. Or at least they did until a couple of years ago when the social justice warriors on the school board scrapped the merit-based process and replaced it with a lottery system to be more “fair.”

In a separate vote, the board reversed a previous order to cover up a mural of George Washington at Washington High School. That order was also based on allegations of racism.

5 Likes

Yahoo conveniently leaves out the part where his employer fired him because of a locked account on twitter making a complaint.

https://twitter.com/outreach_io/status/1542181628683833344

1 Like

Missing Canadian woman located by Toronto police

“She is described as 5’10”, with a thin build, shaggy blonde hair, and a full goatee," the Toronto Police Service said. “She was last seen wearing a black t-shirt and grey pants.”

People quickly chimed in:

Missing dog please help.

4 Likes

The good guys win one. But I hope a slate of common sense people are running against this leftist woke school board.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-pennsbury-school-district-agrees-to-300-000-settlement-of-lawsuit-over-four-men-s-curtailed-public-comments/ar-AAZCrrJ

The agreement, approved by the school board Thursday night, follows a federal judge’s order in November that directed the Bucks County district to stop enforcing its policy prohibiting abusive, offensive, or personally directed public comments — deeming it a likely violation of the First Amendment.

“School boards across the country should take note. Rules for public comments must respect the First Amendment rights of speakers. If you are limiting which opinions may be shared, you’ll be held liable for violating First Amendment rights,” said Alan Gura, vice president for litigation at the Institute for Free Speech, a Washington-based nonprofit that represented residents Douglas Marshall, Simon Campbell, Robert Abrams, and Tim Daly in a lawsuit.

2 Likes

From the article…

Under the agreement, the district’s insurance carrier will pay $300,000 in attorneys’ fees, as well as $17.91 to each of the men — a “symbolic payment” referring to 1791, the year the First Amendment was ratified, the institute said.

2 Likes

I suspect that when an offer was close, that was what they asked for in the settlement, as opposed to continuing the lawsuit. One day, someone will continue their suit, and cost the county/municipality/district a nice chunk of change and increased insurance premiums.