Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

As I said, you’re playing gotcha without actual understanding. The world isn’t binary.

It didn’t take me long at all to find a drug with approximately a 1 in 40 fatality rate. FDA approved? Yes. Commonly used? Yes. “Safe”? Hardly.

What drug is that?

And has it used by millions of people over decades? No. You’re the one playing gotcha without bothering to understand the premise you’re supposedly invalidating.

The cognitive dissonance on this one is off the fucking charts.

In the SAME THREAD, no less.

3 Likes

I don’t know how many people have used it. It’s the first-line treatment for certain strokes, though.

The point is that you’re trying to pretend “safe” is a binary. Every choice the doctor makes is a balance between the risk of doing and the risk of not doing. And when it’s been shown there is no benefit doctors shouldn’t do it. Look at what’s recently happened with the quacks that were promoting it–their organization is imploding due to grift and we are seeing they were scamming people.

1 Like

unfortunately most patients/ay folks think binary.

Eg recent vax debate. Either I will get it or i wont, not in greyscale I wont get really sick. With a resp. virus that incubates so quickly binary won’t get it is impossible.

Per recent tweets, it seems that both

1. Elon restored Trump’s Twitter account (he took a poll first), and
  2. Trump says he’ll stick to using use his own Truth platform instead
2 Likes

The Internet is exploding. It is the top story on both Google and Bing news. LOL
Edit. And the Bongino report.
Edit. And there it is
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

A little common sense from a 14 year old…

5 Likes

thanks, but not thanks…+ TWTR might be a sinking ship…

Only for most of the country, and they aren’t in a position to count. :frowning:

Another victory for women’s sports

A year after finishing in 72nd place as a freshman in a boys cross-country race, the now-sophomore transgender female is dominating her new competition.

Absolutely not fair to biological women who now must compete in competition sports with biological men.

That article that xerty posted simply shows a poor male athlete can achieve when competing against females. I’m convinced that this action should not be tolerated.

3 Likes

So? Men and women are perfectly the same … and perfectly effective. :rofl:

An example of this sameness, you ask – The USAF Special Warfare command did not need to change their physical testing requirements so that a female could pass after flunking and quitting twice. They just needed to update the old, antiquated requirements that every operator has passed, on the first and only try, for the past 60+ years. It had nothing to do with the female, who is perfectly safe and perfectly effective and perfectly the same as a male.

3 Likes

The financial press, left-leaning of course, are studiously ignoring this issue in the firing of Chapek

Notably, Chapek’s ouster comes after Walt Disney Company picked two fights with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and lost while the the Republican sailed to a blockbuster reelection win in the midterms earlier in November.

Take on Musk at your peril

We reported on CBS’s announcement on Friday that they would be “pausing” their stations’ activity on Twitter because of the “uncertainty” on the platform.

The only “uncertainty” was from leftists flipping out about free speech and melting down about Twitter firing people. But out of an “abundance of caution,” CBS said they were stopping posting on the site.

CBS woke up this morning with egg on their face. They realized that they would be cutting off their nose to spite their face with that action. So voila, they’re back!

1 Like

And unable to complete sentences …

First, by smearing DeSantis and Florida Republican legislators’ parental rights legislation with falsehoods and woke activism that failed to stop the bill from becoming law.

Although English and grammar are not requirements for financial competence, the lack thereof leads me to question their supposed capabilities.

Of course, rules may have become more ebonics friendly, or less English friendly, so the above may be perfectly acceptable today … or prefectly acceptable.

??
Please translate that into English😵

It is not going well for woke leftists fleeing Twitter to mastodon. Musk is loving it

FiveThirtyEight founder Nate Silver replied, “Mastodon seems like a honeytrap for hall-monitor personality types. Honestly if Elon gets all the hall monitors to migrate to Mastodon that might be his greatest contribution toward the betterment of humanity.”

Musk himself responded to Silver’s post tweeting, “What could be more fun than a social network consisting entirely of hall monitors!?”

In a separate tweet, he wrote, “Hope all judgy hall monitors stay on other platforms – please, I’m begging u.”

I spent precious seconds trying to make sense out of the statement I quoted, or figure out what punctuation was accidentally inserted or missed. I then presumed that the non-sentence may be perfectly acceptable today, and opined as to why. :slight_smile:

It made a nice, nuanced turn-about in my mind, but lost something in translation to the keyboard. :frowning: