Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

Funny how Politifact refers to “Fox viewers” being misguided and blaming it on Sean Hannity, when the link I provided, with the headline “US federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves”, is from CNN. And I could’ve chosen similar headlines from CBS, NBC, The Hill, NPR, Bloomberg, etc; in fact, I dont think Fox was even in the first page of Google results.

This comment sounds like you actually support the idea, and are more offended by it being ridiculed and not taken seriously.

2 Likes

I am also curious whether @Badlands thinks banning gas appliances is a good idea?

As an example of how it is a meaningless virtue signal, see this article. The US ban will have a negligible effect on the amount of carbon dioxide emitted to the atmosphere compared to the additional carbon dioxide by coal fired electric plants being built in India, China, and as the article shows Indonesia.

3 Likes

More on the gas appliance ban

Democrats’ unhinged, unprovoked, and unwelcome volleys in the War on Gas are real. Here are just a few:

July 23, 2019: “Berkeley became first US city to ban natural gas. Here’s what that may mean for the future,” read a headline in London’s The Guardian. Susie Cagle wrote: “Natural gas, it seems, has become the new climate crisis frontline.”

February 2, 2021: “Seattle bans natural gas in new buildings,” KUOW radio reported. “The ban on appliances like gas furnaces and gas water heaters in new construction is part of a revised energy code,” John Ryan explained. “The code proposed by Mayor Jenny Durkan passed Seattle City Council 9-0 on Monday.”

December 15, 2021: “New York City Banned Gas in New Buildings. Here’s What You Need to Know,” The City posted above Samantha Madonado’s story. She explained: “The City Council on Wednesday passed a bill making New York the largest city in the United States to effectively ban the use of gas in new buildings and to turn to electricity for power.”

May 27, 2022: “L.A. is banning most gas appliances in new homes,” the Los Angeles Times observed. “Get ready for electric stoves.”

October 26, 2022: The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s meeting minutes featured 15 different references to natural gas. The CPSC approved Commissioner Richard L. Trumka, Jr.'s Amendment 3A: “By March 1, 2023, staff will prepare and submit to the Commission a Request for Information (RFI) to seek public input on hazards associated with gas stoves and proposed solutions to those hazards.”

January 11, 2023: “A US federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves,” CNN declared. The White House that day distanced President Biden from CPSC’s gasophobia.

January 13, 2023: “Hochul wants gas stove ban for new homes in 2025,” reported WRGB – CBS’ Albany, New York affiliate — about the Empire State’s Democrat governor.

February 1, 2023: “Gas Stoves Are Back Under Scrutiny,” Bloomberg titled Ari Natter’s dispatch. Following CPSC’s lead, the US Energy Department “sets first-of-their-kind limits on energy consumption for the stoves.”

4 Likes

None of the left-wing media headlines mentioned that the suspension was due to admitting children as young as six years old into the venue during the sexually explicit show.

3 Likes

They could hardly have found otherwise, even if a wacko jury. Look at the testimony of the board members. They spoke with the same people he spoke with regarding funding.

Wow! You’re good enough, smart enough, and doggone it …

Of course there’s outrage for “punishing poor people”.

Couldn’t possibly be rewarding people -anyone, be they rich or poor - who chose to pay more for a better experience, that’s heresy. Yes, anyone who is paying to go to a movie can find a way to save the extra couple dollars for a better seat, if they want to try to better their situation rather than mindlessly bitch about it.

3 Likes

I never partake in sports betting, but it really seems to be big business. Here in the Frisco Bay area, all of the leftist political talk show hosts were fired from the venerable 50,000 watt clear channel KGO and replaced with sports betting programs. Does anyone on this board do sports betting?

Yes, KGO San Francisco has always been a Left Wing wacko radio station. In the day we would occasionally listen but normally listened to KSFO. We joined some travel and cruise trips with the old KGO radio groups.

But back to politics, frisco man.

For a while there they had a good cross-section with hosts like Bill Wattenberg, Len Tillem and Bob Brinker.

I prefer the leftist talk to the sports betting touts.

Trans /gender ideology

During the four years I worked at the clinic as a case manager—I was responsible for patient intake and oversight—around a thousand distressed young people came through our doors. The majority of them received hormone prescriptions that can have life-altering consequences—including sterility.

I left the clinic in November of last year because I could no longer participate in what was happening there. By the time I departed, I was certain that the way the American medical system is treating these patients is the opposite of the promise we make to “do no harm.” Instead, we are permanently harming the vulnerable patients in our care.

Today I am speaking out.

——

Lots of first hand experience with kids who were harmed, often seriously or permanently, by the drugs they use for “transition.”

5 Likes

Government backed media blacklist curators unsurprisingly suggest conservative media for black listing.

“Any outfit like that engaged in censorship shouldn’t have any contact with the government because they’re tainted by association with a group that is doing something fundamentally against American values,” said Jeffrey Clark, former acting head of the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division in a statement to the Examiner. “The government or any private entity shouldn’t be involved with this entity that’s engaged in conduct that is either legally questionable or at least morally questionable.”

1 Like

Here are their whitelist and blacklist. Of course, no political bias here/sarcasm

This same “disinformation” group has received $330,000 from two State Department-backed entitieslinked to the highest levels of government, raising concerns from First Amendment lawyers and members of Congress.

1 Like

Happy to see WSJ as a trustworthy site. I wholeheartedly agree with it.

1 Like

I do not read it but the reputation is that the editorial pages are conservative while the rest of the newspaper is left-wing. Which part do you agree with?

1 Like

The conservative, business friendly part. Didn’t know there is a separation inside WSJ.

1 Like

But I’m sure that they are all learning that America and white people are racist and deciding what their gender is

5 Likes

Not to worry, I’m sure everyone except maybe twitter will fire up their censor activities in time for the 2024 election. The Department of Homeland Security will probably be assigned the job of “fixing” Twitter

1 Like

Didn’t I read a research article not long ago, written by a university professor, claiming math was inherently white and exclusive?

1 Like

Not a single student can do math at grade level in 53 Illinois schools.

Outrage on Twitter after Baltimore reveals zero students proficient in math across 23 schools

Obviously, the problem is that proficiency has been set too high…

Lower the standards, and then we can all cheer about how our schools have improved!

But I will acknowledge that in this post-covid time period, I expect results to be all over the place. For over 2+ years, entire classrooms have fallen behind, due to circumstances that were no fault of their own. It isnt an excuse for such dreadful results, it is a contributating factor for why it is so bad.

Pretty sure that “professors” like him are a big part of the reason results have gotten so bad.

1 Like