The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

Yes the usual 4 rino’s plus they picked up a couple more. Why don’t they just change parties?
I actually donated to Susan Collin. She kept begging & I fell for her redirect.
Well onward & upward.

Trust me. You did the right thing. Had her opponent reached the Senate it would have been a total catastrophe.

Former President Donald Trump “won’t live down his disgraceful conduct,” the Wall Street Journal declared in a damning editorial on Thursday.

“Trump’s legacy “will be forever stained” by the deadly violence that rocked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and “by his betrayal of his supporters in refusing to tell them the truth” about his 2020 election loss in the weeks leading up to the insurrection…”

Source?

Read it today. AP-Associated Press, USA Today, NY Daily News Just to name a few… :thinking:

1 Like

You’d never know it from reading that article since NPR these days is far too liberal to mention it, but the attacker in every case of these elderly Asian attacks was some black thug - no white supremacists here. This isn’t surprising since something like half of all violent crimes in the US (murders, robberies, assaults, etc) are done by young black men despite them being a tiny fraction of the population, and, well, it’s Oakland. This was the worst one

https://twitter.com/dionlimtv/status/1356098895604895745

At least they caught and arrested the guy that killed the Thai grandfather, but that’s one of dozens of such attacks recently -

Apparently killed for noticing the thug was breaking into or vandalizing a car

More unprovoked violent attacks

https://twitter.com/DionLimTV/status/1357410040462733312

Other arrests

San Francisco is so PC they stopped showing criminals arrest pictures lest you get the “wrong idea” about who commits the vast majority of these crimes. This article gets into the violent crime stats, from the end of the article -

In 2018’s Table 14, the [Bureau of Justice Statistics] broke out the black vs. Asian offending rates. According to inadequate sample sizes, blacks aggressed against Asians 50,000 times vs. a little over 500 times that Asians attacked blacks, for an 89 to 1 racial ratio of total incidents. Because there are almost twice as many blacks as Asians, on a per capita footing that would be 46 to 1.

In 2019, the feds dealt with their problem of black vs. Asian statistics by no longer breaking out Asians in their Table 15 of offender vs. victim counts.

What does the future hold for this trove of impolitic data? Maybe rather than delete crime statistics outright, a Biden administration would merely append a warning saying: “If your race gets violently victimized by blacks a lot, that just proves you need to reflect very, very hard upon why you folks had it coming.”

Anti-Asian racism among blacks is surprisingly common and certainly has been going on well before Trump, the pandemic etc. I suspect the increase in violence and street crime is more to do with Oakland defunding their police and canceling a lot of their beat cops and street task forces than anything Trump ever said.

4 Likes

In case anyone here remembers Slate Star Codex, a previously anonymous blogger who hosted very high quality rational discussions on politics and lots of other things, he’s back writing again. He had shut down the blog when the NYT threatened to dox him in an article they were writing, which would cause problems among other things for his job as a psychiatrist.

Background story below, and, sensing a theme here lately, it reflects quite poorly on the NYT.

—-

last summer, NYT shut down a popular blog known for rational discussion of political topics by threatening to doxx the owner. As a psychiatrist, he asked that his name not be included so his relationship with his patients wouldn’t be at risk. The NYT reporter declined, citing their policy of not allowing anonymous sources (unless they had something bad to say about Trump, or furthered the Russian collusion narrative, or …).

Zerohedge

the author is back almost a year later and will be writing on substack, having received various death threats and having to quit his job as a psychiatrist. He has quite an interesting post recalling the whole process, including the wide range of support he received from his readers, others who expressed concern about doxxing people and against the NYT generally, etc.

So many people cancelled their subscription that the Times’ exasperated customer service agents started pre-empting callers with “Is this about that blog thing?” A friend of a friend reports her grandmother in Slovakia heard a story about me on Slovak-language radio.

I got emails from no fewer than four New York Times journalists expressing sympathy and offering to explain their paper’s standards in case that helped my cause. All four of them gave totally different explanations, disagreeing about whether the reporter I dealt with was just following the rules, was flagrantly violating the rules, was unaffected by any rules, or what. Seems like a fun place to work.

Eventually it became kind of overwhelming. 7500 people signed a petition in my favor. Russia Today wrote an article about my situation as part of their propaganda campaign against the United States. Various tech figures started a campaign to stop granting interviews to NYT in protest. All of the humbling support kind of blended together. At my character level, I can only cast the spell Summon Entire Internet once per decade or so.

In the New York Times’ worldview, they start with the right to dox me, and I had to earn the right to remain anonymous by proving I’m the perfect sympathetic victim who satisfies all their criteria of victimhood. But in my worldview, I start with the right to anonymity, and they need to make an affirmative case for doxxing me.

he also responded to the NYT hit job on him, highlighting their disingenuous journalism in many areas -

Many of the points in the article besides these four points are equally flawed, but I hope this is enough to establish the general pattern.

I don’t want to accuse the New York Times of lying about me, exactly, but if they were truthful, it was in the same way as that famous movie review which describes the Wizard of Oz as: “Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.”

I believe they misrepresented me as retaliation for my publicly objecting to their policy of doxxing bloggers in a way that threatens their livelihood and safety.

I’m glad to see he will be re-organizing his group and discussion of politics topics rationally. He’s posted a handful of topics and most are visible to (but not commentable on by) non-subscribers.

Here was Trump’s statement on his second non-impeachment.

———

I want to first thank my team of dedicated lawyers and others for their tireless work upholding justice and defending truth.

My deepest thanks as well to all of the United States Senators and Members of Congress who stood proudly for the Constitution we all revere and for the sacred legal principles at the heart of our country.

Our cherished Constitutional Republic was founded on the impartial rule of law, the indispensable safeguard for our liberties, our rights and our freedoms.

It is a sad commentary on our times that one political party in America is given a free pass to denigrate the rule of law, defame law enforcement, cheer mobs, excuse rioters, and transform justice into a tool of political vengeance, and persecute, blacklist, cancel and suppress all people and viewpoints with whom or which they disagree. I always have, and always will, be a champion for the unwavering rule of law, the heroes of law enforcement, and the right of Americans to peacefully and honorably debate the issues of the day without malice and without hate.

This has been yet another phase of the greatest witch hunt in the history of our Country. No president has ever gone through anything like it, and it continues because our opponents cannot forget the almost 75 million people, the highest number ever for a sitting president, who voted for us just a few short months ago.

I also want to convey my gratitude to the millions of decent, hardworking, law-abiding, God-and-Country loving citizens who have bravely supported these important principles in these very difficult and challenging times.

Our historic, patriotic and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There has never been anything like it!

We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future.

Together there is nothing we cannot accomplish.

We remain one People, one family, and one glorious nation under God, and it’s our responsibility to preserve this magnificent inheritance for our children and for generations of Americans to come.

May God bless all of you, and may God forever bless the United States of America.

2 Likes

I was quite surprised to find this news in the Washington Post, of all places. This is what Rush Limbaugh used to label a “random act of journalism”. Nevertheless credit where due, this time to the WaPo.

So here I sit, a citizen of the USA with American roots going back into the 1600’s . . . . . while foreigners receive the vaccine ahead of me thanks to Biden:

Foreigners receive scarce vaccine before American citizens

Thanks, Joe, I expected no less from an “America last” President like you. That is one of many reasons I voted for President Trump!!

2 Likes

So true, some of our roots go even farther back.

I listened to Ron DeSantus (sp) this morning as he was a guest of Maria Bartaroma. He talked of the failings of Biden by allowing thousands of illegals flooding the border to gain entry. Probably testing & vaccination of these intruders before our Americans. All for the good of the party!!

Biden is making another big mistake among so many. Wait until we can vote again. :blush:

Quite a collection of articles that speak to this point. The NPR “Anger & Fear as Asian American Seniors Targeted in Bay Area Attacks”

Very sad situation.

But the idea that Argyll posted, “Thanks, Trump!” Another Bummer poster… :nauseated_face: IMO

Trump could have a pocket pardon, pulling it out when needed (not what he’s used too :wink: )

I agree. It’s not all black men but . Unlike most Asians that’re here on professional type visas and relatives, think of how most west African black people are here? Combine the physical attributes with economic issues and you have violence. Not true for every member but the groups violence stats are hard to argue against.

Roko’s Basilisk.

There, In two words I’ve just sentenced you and that entire forum to eternal torment by the super-skynet.

/ the wonders of the high school philosophy these people believe in.

Is it over though really?

I have heard people saying that there was a lot of fraud and that the voting might have been compromised…I think we shouldn’t rule until an investigation is complete and all avenues of legal recourse has been taken…

/Hey Republicans! Am I doing this right?

A Jewish satellite hijacked the feed and replaced 57 not guilty votes with “guilty”, and all remaining 100 have now been replaced with lizard people.

That explains McConnell saying the house managers proved their case and Trump is guilty
guilty and McConnell was just throwing out all Senate precedent with regards to impeachment.

It was just the lizard replacement stating Trump’s guilt, not the Turtle.

Probably? Probably?!

I would guess all 25,000 of those illegals will be vaccinated before I, and a great many other American citizens, ever see a drop of vaccine. Biden will use our scarce vaccine to vaccinate those people and our money to pay for their food and any other medical care they might need. Why?

Biden knows those 25,000 illegals will become Democrat voters, likely sooner than later. He also knows I and genuine American patriots like me never, ever, will.

Biden puts foreigners first.

Trump correctly put Americans first.

I had been previously untormented by that one.