The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

First hotels, now Cruise ships! Given how bad occupancy is this will be a win for cruise lines. I bet the illegals are saying "What a country! "

BTW Check out CCL stockprice. I bought some @ $7.60 b/c they give out credits for stockholders and I couldn’t resist :wink:

Guess who “can’t say” whether he sold his stake that $2B China investment entity, where 10% was held for “The Big Guy”? It’s been 1.5 years and he can’t confirm he sold it, so obviously he still owns it.

1 Like

I feel kind of bad for Kirby. I have no doubt that he didnt “have anything for [us]”. And yet he certainly knows exactly where the implications lead. A spokesman wants to get ahead of such stories, and he’s instead stuck repeatedly dodging them.

Notice that it was a reporter from the New York Post who asked the question. The Democrats know they have the cover of the left-wing news media and the pre-musk Twitter and Facebook.

If my fondest hopes come true and the Republicans take control of the House or Senate, will McCarthy or turtle allow any real investigation of the Hunter and Joe Biden corruption?

Theories about the attack on Pelosi’s husband suggest it was a gay encounter that ended up in a dispute. I don’t know if half this stuff is true, but you’d think they have plenty of security and video surveillance to release if it was a crazed break in instead of a domestic violence case. Speculation -

Plus the guy they arrested is some Berkeley hippy nudist and hemp jewelry maker. MAGA profile he ain’t.

1 Like

Following up, looking more like a random crazy, but still hard to tell. Would not be surprised if he “pulls an Epstein” while in jail.

Meanwhile, from the folks who wanted to defund the police, a profile of Pelosi’s security and how the Capitol security is getting another $200M for next year to protect Our Betters from their constituents.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/capitol-police-cameras-caught-break-in-at-pelosi-home-but-no-one-was-watching/ar-AA13D3lK

The Capitol Police first installed cameras around Pelosi’s home more than eight years ago; she has an around-the-clock security detail; and for many months after the attacks of Jan. 6, 2021, a San Francisco police cruiser sat outside her home day and night. But hours after Pelosi left San Francisco last week and returned to D.C., much of the security left with her, and officers in Washington stopped continuously monitoring video feeds outside her house.

She has a protective detail of two to three diplomatic security agents of the Capitol Police wherever she travels, including inside the Capitol, as well as a police officer who is a driver, the official said.

Pelosi’s house is also protected by a private security system, two people said. When tripped, that alarm is supposed to notify San Francisco police and, secondarily, the Capitol Police, one of them added. On Friday, the Capitol Police never received an alert from the home security company, that person added. It was unclear if the system was armed at the time of the break-in.

Officials with the San Francisco Police Department repeatedly declined to comment on whether there was an alarm system at the house and if the department received an alert about the break-in besides the 911 call.

1 Like

Trump votes for DeSantis, warns him away from a 2024 run

Trump is expect to announce his 2024 campaign in about a week, having waited til after midterms to avoid being as much of a distraction.

Trump does need a VP…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/fox-news-hot-take-on-why-dr-oz-lost-is-the-dumbest-thing-you-ll-see-today/ar-AA13Vfrs?cvid=654ce538b59b43ac93aa224547e8b0eb

Hmmm… Anyone less-jaded would consider this to be unbiased, fair reporting. Constant criticism of Fox for framing issues a certain way, now criticism for them not spinning the story. I’d ask you critics to make up your mind, but we’ve already established that you just hate certain sources, regardless of what they’re sourcing.

Fox News hosts are the frequent target of ridicule for their amazingly simple explanations meant to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I’m pretty sure that ‘appealing to the lowest common denominator’ is promising people $10k so that they’ll vote for you…

1 Like

Election coverage on election night is news anchors and pundits finding ways to say the same thing over and over again to fill hours of TV with the amount of information that can be reported on in 45 minutes. I’m sure there were no similarly simple statements to “Oz lost because Fetterman won” on the hours of coverage on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, etc. No one made a flub or misspoke after being on the air for hours. Their coverage was 100% perfect and filled with ivy league level analysis 100% of the time. They never simply read off the numbers next to a person’s name on the screen and said “but it’s still too close to call” 500 times. Every single sentence was backed by a short New York Times editorial about how everything was happening. Fox just needs to get better anchors.

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/lifestyle-buzz/school-wouldn-t-let-7-year-old-eat-lunch-because-her-straps-were-inappropriate-mom-says-she-can-wear-what-she-wants/ar-AA142J0j?cvid=d6eee84efe684fcc81d719c3dcff89ca

The whole dress code crap is not relevant to the reason I’m posting this.

This is:

Harlie told her daughter that next time a teacher wants to send her to the nurse for her clothing, call her instead.

“I will make sure that you are being respected, and if somebody tries to tell you what you are doing is inappropriate you don’t let them do that,” she continued.

“That’s not their job to talk to you like that”.

Is it just me, or is this the origin story of a future “victim” of a police shooting? If we want to curb unnecessary police violence, the first step is to stop cheeringleading for the defiance of authority figures, and not keep teaching our kids to do what they want regardless of what they’re told.

2 Likes

Trump official for 2024

• DONALD TRUMP FORMALLY ENTERS 2024 US PRESIDENTIAL RACE

He’s staying on the prompter for now… successes (good policies)

Nothing about midterms, 2020 elections …

I’m not a real politician!! But I think :thinking: Trump sounded good, better last night and if he sticks to his script he’s going to be a winner. (this time)

My theory…talk the other good guys from entering the GOP race this time, 2024. Give Trump the floor for 4 years and then, the race is open. Most of the other GOP presidential prospects are younger now and they can afford a 4 year wait.

Trump would be great! … for DEMS as the mid terms have shown…

Here in AZ Taylor would have easily won the gov. race but Lake won the GOP primary…

2 Likes

I hope very few primary voters think like you. DeSantis might be young, but Trump is OLD. His age is only one of countless reasons he needs to lose the primary. If the drubbing his handpicked nominees took last week wasn’t enough to convince you of that, I don’t expect you’ll ever be convinced.

5 Likes

+1 Both sides need to have a age limit, like driving.

I dont think anyone on either side of the aisle believes that he is capable of sticking to any script. He could be an entirely changed man, and it wont make a lick of difference in voter’s opinions.

Whether you agree with his shtick or not, Trump is stale. Any politics involving him just signals more spinning the wheels and getting nowhere. His legacy has been written, the only question is when it’ll move from being current events to being history.

4 Likes

If only he would understand that. Sadly, I fear he doesn’t and he won’t.

2 Likes

It’s loud and clear all opinions being lambasted. And I’m loyal up to a point where I’m crushed by overwhelming speculation.

That Red Wave results that we expected makes me sick. I’m Just grasping at straws now, and can any conservative win the 2024 presidential race?