The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

" “His understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited,” Mr Tillerson told Foreign Policy. “It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this.”"

Your opinion! We’ll see how history goes. Many millions of folks disagree with you.

I don’t know about Texas’ textbooks. A lot of folks are leaving Democrat political controlled states such as CA, NY, etc, & moving on. Texas, Florida & I like Arizona are gaining population, got any idea why?

Don’t ask why I’m sticking around. I happen to live amongst Conservative folks & life is good. (for me)
Politics are not the only important parts of life. :relaxed:

They disagree now, but history has a way of simplifying things and making us forget the little things. We disagreed 20 years ago too, but now the first thing most people (on both sides) think of when someone says “Bill Clinton” is Monica and her stained dress. In 20 years the first thing we’ll think about when someone says “Trump” is throw up a little bit in your mouth, then lies, insurrection, and two impeachments.

I have an idea, but it has nothing to do with the problems in Texas’ textooks. I’m happy that liberals are moving to these states, maybe we can finally loosen the grip of the red-to-purple states on the electoral college. And fix the textbooks.

The “ Moderna delays for minorities” reply is in the covid thread here.

PFE is a longer, nastier story and I’ll make a separate thread on it, which you can find here

We might agree on that one thing. If enough liberals leave CA then we might get back to better times.

You never mentioned your age bracket but I remember great CA Gov’s. Reagan, The Duke, actually the more I think about it. Republican Gov outlasted Democrats. (oh for those good old days)

The younger generation is taking over. Not good! Education is going down the drain. No great role models for this group to follow. As you said above “it makes me want to throw up”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/14/bullied-into-voting-against-impeachment-resign/

2 Likes

I think they should resign if they can get bullied and threatened into casting a vote a certain way. Now terrorists and foreign states know all they have to do is threaten a GOP Congressperson to get them to vote their way.

The Reps. should resign because they betray all the principles of our country, not to mention actually betraying the country and surrendering abjectly to terrorists.

How do Trump supporters feel about that? Or is it fine with them because they want a terrorist dictatorship anyway?

2 Likes

One other thing from annuder person: If your argument against impeachment is that you might be killed if you vote for impeachment that is the strongest possible argument in support of a vote for impeachment.

I hope these Reps. notice that Trump is doing nothing to protect them but instead encouraging the mob that threatens them.

Fake news? Of course the people relaying the messages are just making it up…

Jiminy Criminy! These are the people who proclaim themselves proud patriots and talk about standing up for America. Then they fold at the first opportunity.

What the hell has happened to this country?

He might have had more luck finding lawyers if he paid Giuliani.

2 Likes

Personally not a fan of stimulus checks. They’re just nonsense and wasted money.
Enhanced (and retroactive) unemployment, sure, that makes a lot of sense. Of course the states are terrible at distributing this… the checks are “faster”

4 Likes

It’s not a bad idea but I also would rather see enhanced unemployment, business aid, healthcare aid. But it’s hard to pass those things with the GOP in control a lot of places.

1 Like

Lol. Qanon nutter. Wouldn’t be surprised if she’s one of the terrorist conspirators being investigated.

It is clear that there is a large group of right-wing “conservatives” whose main instinct is to attack and harm other people, rather than to protect or defend. Unfortunately, many of these people have been elected.

Yes, because the old people have done such a great job for the country and the world.

3 Likes

Melania Trump Proves She’s Just As Bad As Her Husband, Refuses To Welcome Jill Biden

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/melania-trump-proves-she-just-180935470.html

Great people.