The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

I must’ve received several $100 worth of junk mailers from the now-QOP over the past four years. It’s good to rationalize that my $50 membership fee and minor contributions in 2016 when I was a state convention delegate aren’t going to evil use, as they’ve already spent more than that much spamming me. Bad for the landfills though. We’re talking multiple traschcans full if I threw them all out at once.

The spam email account I keep also seems to receive dozens of spam emails everyday from them, despite opting out.

You’re a fool to make that interpretation. Anyone may hand out water provided there is no solicitation of votes connected with the activity.

This sort of “no campaigning at the polls” rule exists in virtually every other state. You cannot take advantage of voters waiting on line to harass them with your political preferences in an effort to induce them to vote your way.

This is absolutely routine stuff . . . has been for an eternity.

Biden’s claim that it is illegal to provide water to thirsty voters is untrue, it is specious, and it is a purposeful falsehood.

Not in the bill. There is a specific exception in the footnote in the bill, that is poll workers only. That’s what you provided, anyways…

Opinionated and slanted statements from partisan third parties (which don’t have the source linked, who is Don Gala? Why is their claim relevant?) do not cancel out bad government policy through new laws intended to be used solely for voter suppression.

A random paragraph you pasted (from someone’s blog? edit: nvm found the unlinked source, a self-proclaimed “online only newspaper”) claiming to the contrary is not a source.

I guess the domestic terrorist supporters are a slowly shrinking minority.

I remain absolutely confident that anyone would be allowed to offer water to voters on line, PROVIDED there be no campaigning involved. I state that because it so clearly is the intent of the law.

Of course if votes are solicited it becomes an entirely different ball game. And you can bet it is something of that sort that Biden’s criticism had in mind when he popped off with his lies.

As it stands now, though, Biden has done his opponents a good turn. His lies, all of them pinocchios or not, have paved the way for a Republican victory, in Georgia next year, over Warnock. Biden harmed Georgia with his lies, and he harmed black Georgians in particular. There is a price he will pay for that.

Biden’s lies have also jeopardized Stacy Abrams. She was riding high prior, not so much now given the gargantuan losses her man (Biden) has created for Georgia.

Georgia’s governor said what the laws were really for out loud.

/ ignoring what your own eyes and ears told you was the Party’s final command.

“First, let me say, on Colorado. Colorado allows you to register on Election Day, Colorado has voting by mail where they send, to 100% of people in the state who are eligible, applications to vote by mail,” Psaki said, adding that 94% of Colorado citizens voted by mail in the 2020 election.

“The Georgia legislation is built on a lie. There was no widespread fraud in the 2020 election, Georgia’s top Republican election officials have acknowledged that repeatedly in interviews,” she said. ”And what there was, however, was record-setting turnout, especially by voters of color. So instead, what we’re seeing here, for politicians who didn’t like the outcome, they’re not changing their policies to win more votes, they’re changing the rules to exclude more voters.”

Kamala Harris pledged to visit border ‘at some point,’ but two weeks later White House has no update

Harris is the quintessential “empty suit”. In her case maybe that should be “empty pantsuit”. Regardless, this woman who slept her way to the top (just ask a smiling Willie Brown) is a total zero. Biden put her in charge of the border crisis and she has produced zip, zero, nada in the way of policy help. Here is her story:

Vice President Harris said in late March that she will visit the U.S. southern border, but two weeks later there is still no update on when that trip will happen.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki said she didn’t have “any trips to outline or preview” when asked if Harris had scheduled a trip to the border. Harris was designated as Biden’s point person to deal with what the White House describes as “root causes” of the border crisis in March.

“I don’t have any trips to outline or preview. What our focus is on is solutions and ensuring we have more beds, we’re making processing more efficient and effective and that we are addressing this in a humane way that keeps these kids as safe as we possibly can,” Psaki said at a press briefing on Wednesday.

Harris took heat in March for laughing when a reporter asked if she would be visiting the border amid the growing migrant crisis.

“Not today,” she said.

Shortly after, she said in a March 24 interview that she “absolutely” will go down to the border “at some point.”

Biden said last month that Harris has “agreed to lead our diplomatic effort and work with those nations to accept the returnees, and enhance migration enforcement at their borders — at their borders.”

The White House later clarified that Harris wasn’t involved with the “border crisis,” but was instead focused on addressing the “root causes — not the border.”

The Biden administration faces a continuing border crisis with a migrant surge that has led to images of migrant children packed at over-capacity facilities and families being released into the U.S.

The administration has refused to call it a “crisis,” instead calling it a “challenge” and blaming the Trump administration’s dismantling of legal asylum pathways — while Republicans have blamed Biden’s immigration policies.

That this female cipher is but a heartbeat away from the Presidency may be one of the greatest threats America has ever faced. I call upon all participants here, regardless your political slant, to pray for the good health and longevity of President Biden. The mere thought of a Harris presidency surely has both Putin and Xi licking their chops.

“Oh, you mean that affair…”

/ party of family values
// he likes butt stuff, for him
/// he’s not quitting though
//// at least she is of age, unlike other ntional level Alabama and Florida Republicans I could mention

https://mobile.twitter.com/ConnorASheets/status/1379909302840885248

Filibuster looking better.

"
“There is no circumstance in which I will vote to eliminate or weaken the filibuster,” he wrote.

“The time has come to end these political games, and to usher a new era of bipartisanship where we find common ground on the major policy debates facing our nation.”
"

It’s semantics. The “virtual” filibuster as is is a complete farce.

How would making it a real filibuster violate his statements? Would it not be making it stronger, rather than weaker, to make it be debate like it’s supposed to be, instead of an indefinite no-effort virtual hold on any legislation that prevents any policy debates?

Breyer on political risks to the Supreme Court, ie changes to court size or very political nominations / nomination process.

respect and authority, argued Justice Breyer, is the result of an ongoing partnership between branches of government; a delicate pas de deux that has enabled the Court to issue rulings — sometimes unpopular ones — that are accepted by people and politicians alike, even if sometimes begrudgingly.

As a result, Americans have come to accept the Court’s judgments, even when they dislike them. “Put abstractly, the Court’s power, like that of any tribunal, must depend upon the public’s willingness to respect its decisions, even those with which they disagree and even when they believe a decision seriously mistaken,” said Justice Breyer.

We should not take this acceptance for granted, he added.

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1379832610759843840

Crisis? That’s such a harsh word for Biden’s, er now-delegated-to-Harris’s, successful vote importing plan. The welcome mat is so welcoming down south.

data from March, which showed total arrests increased 71% from February along the Southwest border, and a 100% increase in unaccompanied migrant children

1 Like

More arrests is more welcoming?

I guess it’s a flattering picture you’re painting – Biden’s such a “nice guy” that it’s making people want to immigrate?

Or, maybe it’s local problems that need to be resolved, along with the usual seasonal effects and people who postponed coming during the raging Trump Virus pandemic …?

Does it count as an arrest if you just release them into the US without even bothering with immigration/asylum court dates?

“Have fun, don’t spread new covid, and btw NY is paying illegals $2B so show up there and get your share”

2 Likes

Beautiful things, now forensically verified, that the MSM and the Big Tech Cartel didn’t think the voters had a right to know.

1 Like

Suffice it to say I am pleased and relieved it is you in Texas and not me. And while I’m at least a thousand miles distant, that certainly could turn out not to be far enough given Biden’s shipments of his problem all across America. But Texas is turning into a sewer and too many Texans, especially those bleeding hearts in Austin, are foolishly welcoming of that outcome. You keep 'em. We don’t want 'em here.

1 Like

Fox goes nsfw at 8:30pm

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1380318217902624771

Simpsons did it, in 1995.
https://twitter.com/simpsons_tweets/status/702522409639944192?lang=en

This story is about distracting from Matt Gaetz…