What Is A "Fraudulent Tax Return" - IRS Requires Indefinite Records Retention

I don’t know about proof. A diary of the business purpose of the trip, along with plane tickets?

When I was in the gambling biz, I just used my log of gaming activity and counted the nights away from home. I didn’t have an accountant and may have done it wrong too.

It is easier to get away with tax fraud when, despite such allegations, the IRS refuses to audit your returns!

“The fact that the IRS did not audit Joe Biden’s 2017 through 2019 returns, despite several articles publicly raising questions about the propriety of his actions, raises questions about how the IRS administers our nation’s tax laws, and whether political considerations played a role in the IRS’ decisions.”

When it comes to fraud checking, does the IRS play favorites?

1 Like

Would you be more or less likely to submit a fraudulent return, or even merely to submit a return which “pushed the boundaries” of our tax rules:

If you knew in advance you were at no risk, or only very low risk, of audit?

The average American does not have the luxury of contemplating the above. We know, should we submit a fraudulent return, that it could certainly be detected and that we might have to pay a penalty of some sort. We know if we owed the IRS $127K that we would have to pay up. And we know no whistleblower would be needed to bring our tax fraud to light!

2 Likes

Duh! I presume this is a sarcastic question, because I’m sure you remember the MANY Tea Party groups who had their tax exempt application delayed during the anointed and exempted one’s dynasty with the help of the ??? woman.

2 Likes

Right. And lest anyone forget, sweet Lois Lerner never went to jail.

She is out there somewhere, enjoying life, collecting her mammoth government pension, smiling like a Cheshire cat, and laughing at the notion of receiving punishment for her manifest wrongdoing.

4 Likes