What requirements do banks have to let you know why your account app was denied?

They tell you what report they pulled, and the place they pulled it from then has to provide you a copy upon request. Just like a credit score, except the company calculating the score doesnt want to provide their proprietary formula, so they instead have to provide reasons why the score is what it is.

1 Like

Exactly. When I first moved back to the U.S. (after the statute of limitations +1 had run it’s course :sweat_smile:), I had a few USD credit cards from foreign banks, but was turned down by Chase for a Visa card, as was my wife who had already acquired a U.S. job. It did not matter what assets (liquid, stocks, bonds, physical) we reported, they turned us down, with the requisite info for contacting the credit reporting agency. Fortunately, the bank manager “wrangled” us a card with a whopping $1k CL. If he had been a bot, or the bank was virtual, we would have had to wait 3 months for Amex to fall all over themselves to give us one.