500 American Silver Eagles - Probably not 2018 - Deal resurrected

I think all us Fragile folks need a basement to stash away our old & new CD stuff. What a mess! :relaxed: Even got some very old Silver $'s stashed away with the old guns. :wink:

1 Like

Oh how I wish!! But I was not that smart.

Still, my original monster box remains in my possession and is now selling at over $10,300. If only I had bought 100 monster boxes instead of just the one, solitary box.

So it goes.:anguished:

lol, remember when you were freaking out 3 days after buying the box that the price had dropped about $100

3 Likes

Always hindsight…Know your risk tolerance and stick within your comfort zone and you shouldn’t feel remorse over a loss or regret over unrealized gains.

It’s akin to walking around in the fog. I have no visibility on this financial stuff whatsoever. I had not the slightest clue that the value of the silver would escalate like it has.

I also was completely unaware, in advance, back in 2007-2008 that a financial collapse was just ahead, lying in wait.

I’d like to think I have a smidgen of financial prescience. But in truth, I have none whatsoever. Thought of that has a way of concentrating the mind. So I try not to think of it.:wink:

1 Like

Oh, man!

The Iraq/Iran situation is impacting prices of precious metals. Monster box closing on ten-five.

This is the highest I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Dear Lord this is getting ridiculous!! Just checked price of my monster box using the link in the OP. I have not seen it this high prior.

OK, am about ready to concede:

Maybe I should have bought more than one box. Don’t get me wrong. No complaints. None whatsoever.

But I NEVER anticipated price would go this high!!!

The price of silver has gone up 31%.

1 Like

So how much original $'s is in the box? Another winner for you!!

Are you sure there are coins in the box? It might be just bricks. :grinning:

4 Likes

Only just discovered today this twist:

The monster boxes have been OOS for a while. But this same seller, still with a 100% feedback rating over thousands of sales, took more recently to selling INDIVIDUAL “any year” (same as the boxes) silver eagles. And the price is, well, uh . . . quite high!

Link to sale of individual “any year” silver eagles

At that price I guess it was worth it for him to break open his “any year” monster boxes! He does offer free shipping, though, so that cost must be built into the price he charges.

I’m surprised that gold & silver haven’t really gone up lately. I would have thought with the looming recession/depression and the pandemic that people would be buying shiny metal a lot more

Agreed. I’m grateful not to have bought my monster box seeking profit. Just wanted to have something else of value around. I dunno. With an additional five trillion (or whatever) of government borrowing in just the last month, my little green monster box is a source of some comfort.

ALl the money printing should cause inflation we’d think. But then didn’t we all think that when the 2008 recession hit? I recall constant doom and gloom about how the $1 trillion stimulus and QE was going to cause hyperinflation. In hindsight that was totally wrong

Now we’re also possibly sliding into a depression and massive unemployment. In the last great depression we had deflation instead of inflation. If nobody’s got money to spend prices will go down.

I’ve personally never been a proponent of gold as an asset… honestly I’ve been more of a critic or naysayer… But … today even I might feel better with 10% of my asssets in gold/silver just in case…

Understood. No argument. It’s a personal decision and I respect yours.

That said, my eagles are not intended for such a purpose. They are not in any sense an investment or a hedge against inflation. They are, instead, a last hope means to buy needed goods and supplies locally if we ever get into a “wheelbarrow” situation (think Weimar Germany) with our fiat currency.

Yeah actually I’m of the same mind really as far as the potential use/need for metals in my invesetments.
Probably don’t really need 10% of my assets for that eventuality though. But it is really more of a concern that the economy virtually collapses or that inflation is out of control.

Ya know this entire frickin’ world has gone bat crap crazy nuts out of its mind. That is the only possible explanation:

I just checked the OP for price of my monster box and it is approaching a price to where I will have doubled my money! That statement takes into consideration that I originally paid with a CC having a 5% reward.

I should have bought more monster boxes when I had the opportunity. This is just one more thing I never saw coming. Blind as a bat I am, with a MASSIVE prescience deficit.

1 Like

Not quite the deficit that those of us who bought zero monster (or midget) boxes.

I would probably stop coming here if I had to sift through a bunch of people posting about their recent $8,000 investment purchase, and then two years later coming back to the thread to point out how lucky they got. I’m glad shinobi is the only person doing it.

2 Likes

Shinobi is a character and makes things more lively/interesting around these parts - hearing him wax on about silver coins, canned goods from Target, fruit from Office Depot, and crazy CD deals breaks up the monotony of these pandemic days.

He is the cranky Newfie sitting on a porch telling people to get off his 450 acre parcel of land :slight_smile:.

3 Likes