Alliant Credit Union

How restrictive? I have paid bills over $4-5K with Alliant bill pay. But I certainly agree that the $ limits on ACH movement out is too low. I can’t understand…remember when we could transfer out $100K.

My best knowledge is $20K limit/payee/day and $30K overall limit (all payees)/day.

For sure. But you can do that and more right now at PurePoint.

I just noticed that Plastiq payments are no longer getting cashback on my Alliant Visa. It was nice to get some float on the money. Plastiq charges 2.5% and Alliant was giving 2.5% cashback. But, now with my last statement, they get nothing. I didn’t get any kind of notification, they just stopped giving cashback on those payments. They still show up as a purchases, not a cash advances, but no cashback is given on them. And, there isn’t anything on the statement that says they were excluded, but when I do the math, it’s exactly those payments that are missing from the total cashback.

2 Likes

What are you paying through Plastiq? Visa excludes mortgage payments.

Recently, Alliant has been more restrictive about cash equivalent and other types of service.

1 Like

I’ve been paying contractors for our house remodel. It was nice to use the credit card.

Don’t know don’t care

Anyone notice Alliant is not working today?

I have tried to make ACH transfers & the red light pops up. (you have gone over your limit) I called & there doesn’t seem to be anything they can do. (problems with the system) The rep said I could wire or write a check. (give me a break)

Time is marching on & right now I have 1 hour left before ACH closes for the day. This makes me so angry…:tired_face:

Your post is giving me just a bit of pause, pattyb53. I’m on ET (eastern time). I scheduled a large ACH transfer earlier today without difficulty or incident. Later received notice of the money having been dispatched, as per normal. Had no indication of trouble anywhere along the way.

When did I schedule the transfer? It was at roughly 3:30 am PT. Also at around that same time I had a very large chunk of $$$$ come into my Alliant account, via ACH. No problems. No drama. Business as usual.

Could it be the early bird gets the worm? :wink:

Yes, the earlier the better. But, I had to wait for small deposits to come through before I could send funds out. Alliant was shut down on ACH transfers or verification was not working. Finally after I reached a rep who could offer helpful reliable information, my transfers went through with only 10 minutes to spare before the cut-off time.

So I won’t actually see if funds are deposited until tomorrow.

At this hour . . . .

Alliant is holding steady our savings rate at 2.1% APY

Q: What’s with the “at this hour” thing?

It is June first and, where I live, the sun is up and shining visibly. Nevertheless, out in Chicago it can take Alliant a little while sometimes to update the interest rates members see when they log into their accounts. This has happened to me in the past.

Also, some other financial institutions are lowering rates slightly, so if Alliant is holding us steady that is a good and welcome outcome.

Emphasis there is on the word “if”. So far so good.

Did anyone else notice that bill payments setup for payment on 6/1 have not gone out yet? I feel like this has happened once before to me in the past few months. It isn’t an issue for me but it is odd.

6/1 is a Saturday. Nothing processes on Saturdays. Payments for 6/1 and 6/2 should be sent tonight, to be received tomorrow (assuming electronic deliver).

4 Likes

Thanks. I hadn’t noticed that or thought about it since this was a recurring payment. I am used to the site correcting the date when you try to do so. I guess it can’t do that on a recurring which makes sense. Not a big deal in this case.

1 Like

Alliant appears to have held steady their savings rate heading into July. In our ongoing declining rates environment, this is a welcome outcome.

Conceded Alliant’s savings rate is far from the best. But with others lowering rates, Alliant’s rate is today a tad bit better by comparison.

Unrelated to the above, but still related to Alliant:

Alliant’s Visa Signature card statements will close this month on Sunday, July fourteenth.

1 Like

Apparently Alliant is now testing contactless EMV with their debit cards. I received an invitation to try it out tonight.

Presumably anyone can sign up here: Alliant Credit Union Products

is there some benefit to this?

Yes, especially if you’re a germaphobe.

2 Likes

Contactless prevents physical skimming and shimming of cards. In theory, you could skim a contactless card, but it has to be within a few inches of the reader to receive transmitting power which usually isn’t possible while the card is in your wallet. It’s easier for the thief to pickpocket you than to do this.

I typically use Apple Pay whenever I can, and that seems to be the most secure way to use bank cards. ATMs and gas stations are still laggards though.

1 Like

The contactless cards are now using the EMV chip. So no, if the security is implemented correctly, the card cannot be skimmed (well, I suppose you can read some information, but you can’t use any of it). Only a magnetic strip or an incorrectly implemented EMV chip (with or without contact) can be skimmed.

2 Likes

Alliant appearing much more competitive now, by comparison, in wake of PurePoint savings rate cut down to 2.15%!!!

How the mighty have fallen. :frowning_face:

1 Like