Apple Admits That It's Slowing Down Older iPhones

It’s a good thing they’re not doing it w/ their iPads too because then they’d be affecting more of their customers this way.

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/apple-throttling-older-iphones,news-26278.html

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

FUD

Did you actually read the article? This is a good thing. As the battery dies the phone will shut down under high load to protect itself. This smooths out the load to maintain functioning. It does slow down the phone but keeps it operational.

Removable battery. I won’t buy a phone without one.

That really really narrow your choice now. I can’t think of a current smart phone, maybe beside HTC that have removable battery.

I’m still on my LG G5. But you’re right, I’m not sure what I’ll do for my next phone.

LG V20

The Moto E4 ($29, after PM-ing FamilyDollar price against Walmart’s $39) does have a removable battery. I know, its not in the same league though :slight_smile:

For $29 or $39? It’s a very solid phone.

My WM doesn’t price match but it is still great for $39

I’d rather they optimize the battery life rather than just sunset them.

[quote=“fw10001, post:8, topic:2393, full:true”]
The Moto E4 ($29, after PM-ing FamilyDollar price against Walmart’s $39) does have a removable battery. I know, its not in the same league though :slight_smile:[/quote]

It’s last years cutting edge for $29. A 5" edge-to-edge screen, when the new Apple 8 only has a 4.5" screen. Tons of internal memory. Ck out the owner’s manual. I mean, what doesn’t it do ? I don’t use it, but it has the fingerprint scanner, which many say is a lot better than Apples.

I really couldn’t be happier without spending twenty times as much for the latest Samsung or Pixel.

2 Likes