Bank of America Premium Rewards Card

Original thread started by Meade18. Card includes the following features:

• Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases.
  • Earn unlimited 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases.
  • Receive 50,000 bonus points - a $500 value - after you make at least $3,000 in purchases the first 90 days of account opening.
  • No limit to the points you can earn and your points don’t expire.
  • Flexibility to choose how to redeem your points - redeem for cash back as a statement credit, or as a deposit into eligible Bank of America® or Merrill Lynch® accounts including checking, savings, and 529. You can also choose gift cards or use for purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center.
  • Get up to a $100 Airline Incidental Statement Credit annually for qualifying purchases such as seat upgrades, baggage fees, in-flight services, and airline lounge fees - automatically applied to your card statement.
  • Get up to a $100 Airport Security Statement Credit towards TSA Pre✓® or Global Entry Application fee, every four years.
  • Travel Insurance protections to assist with trip delays, cancellations and interruptions, baggage delay inconvenience, lost luggage and emergency evacuation and transportation.
  • No foreign transaction fees.
  • Low $95 annual fee. (not waived first year)
  • Ellegible for Preferred Rewards bonus
  • A purchase that earns 100 base points will actually earn 125 (Gold), 150 (Platinum), or 175 points (Platinum Honors), based on your tier when the purchase posts to your account.

Original discussion archived here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20171008190832/https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/textthread.php?catid=52&threadid=1585974

2 Likes

Woohoo, thanks for pulling my thread over!

I wish I had $100,000 in Merrill. I would totally use the heck out of this card if I did.

1 Like

Does anyone have any experience as to what counts for the $100?
I know some people have had poor luck with other cards for GOGO internet as it is billed by gogo and not the airline.
Has anyone tried buying an airline gift card?

Thanks

AA $50 or $100 GC seems to be working according to DOC.

2 Likes

I received an E-mail saying I was approved, but today got a phone call saying on further review they had canceled the card since I had too many BOA cards. The issues was not one of exposure since they had reallocated credit from another card for this.

I had 15 BOA personal cards accumulated from years of being a customer.

I consolidated the credit lines on three travel cards and also on 3 other cards that were little used. I did make the mistake of keeping the oldest of the travel cards, which I now realize may cost me a few points on the travel card I was using.

While at the time I could think of no reason for keeping three travel cards, I now realize that having my teenage sons on a card with a limit of over $100,000 is not ideal.

I did learn they had no lower age limit for authorized users so I put my youngest on also (elementary school), but I do not plan to give him access to the card. The idea is that when he does want credit, he will have a long history.

The hope was that after a few days I could apply again, but she could not promise. anything. I was told that within 30 days they would use the credit report on file.

Has anyone had any experience with this situation, and how long I should wait before applying again.

BoA has woken up a bit in regards to people churning Alaska (and other cards) for sign up bonuses and earlier this year tightened up their approval criteria. You’re not the first person this has happened to and a lot of people on Reddit were complaining about being initially approved for a Merrill+ card and then later having their approval taken away.

Are you guys using the 50k points for travel or cashing out?

Saw some recent data points for $100 AA eGC triggering the credit, think I’ll try that x2.

Update, after consolidating cards as discussed above, I applied again and was rejected on basis of enough cards, so they are rejecting those with good credit and Platinum Honors status. This is a change from a time when their credit department said (approximately) “We have been told to give yoiui guys anything you want,” (obviously subject to them being convinced the customer would not default) and I got multiple cards in a very short periods.

AA Gift Card confirms to work, at least it shows the credit on the BOA app. I’ll do it again once my statement posts.

1 Like

Bought $100 AA eGC on 12/12, received $100 statement credit on 12/19 x2.

1 Like