Best finance books you have read

I’m reviving an old FWF thread about the best finance books you have read. Those that changed your perspective or your view of money and how it works or could work for you. Please list the book, author and why you liked it.

I’ll start with my few more obvious ones:

“Your money or your life” by Vicki Robinson, et al. This lead me a few years ago to actually track my every penny going in and out. I’ve graphed it monthly to an upward trend after being much more conscious of decreasing my spending, with likewise motivating me to increasing my income.

“Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki. I’ve read a couple of his books and it was an education I never received. For me, while I am still very conservative with money it’s a different viewpoint into how to be rich that I would have likely never known. This also solidified my decision to want to get into real estate and being a landlord though I have yet to pull the trigger…awaiting the next financial downturn.

“The Millionaire Next Door” by Thimas J. Stanley. Another classic that is a bit outdated with the numbers but still holds a ton of value. Like “Your Money or Your Life”, talks about living frugally, this one is also interesting in that it discusses how self made millionaires live below the radar and raise their children to be aspiring adults.

2 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Inspiration and general guidance for traders.

+1 to the Market Wizards series.

David Swenson (Yale endowment manager) books on portfolio management.

Anything by Joel Greenblatt