Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

I’m working on it!!

2 CD’s matured at Navy last Thursday & today half of the $'s are in Grow. Tomorrow the second half will be deposited. But I’m going to hang tight with Grow 2.75% MM Promo. (until we get a bombshell)

I got a $600 offer in the mail to open a Chase checking and savings accounts. That’s up from 500.

1 Like

Watch out for the new 2-year rule.

I just got the $600 offer when logging into my Chase credit card account. What makes this one more complicated than Discover/Marcus is Chase has monthly fees if you don’t keep a minimum balance ($1500 checking, $300 savings). There are a few other ways, but the balance is the least annoying. I’ve resisted their past bonuses, but it’s worth a bit of hassle for $600.

It looks like it’s open to all. Here are the deets: Chase Offer

As 3c3 brought up, Chase only allows one bonus every 2 years.

1 Like

Chase bonus offers sound great. But, you must do the Direct Deposit & that is a big hassle.

I did the Chase Bonus about 5-6 years ago. Then it was $500 & it ties up a large amount of money for several months time.

So go for the Chase/Discover & Marcus!!!
If we don’t see any movement for high interest CD’s, this may help us all out. :wink:

No, it’s direct deposit OR a daily balance of $1500. You can transfer out $14.7K after 90 days but you can’t close your accounts until the six month period is over. Otherwise, Chase will claw back the bonus.

Chase checking requires a direct deposit. There are ways to fake it if one is so inclined.

Terms:

To receive the $300 checking bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval; 2) Deposit $25 or more at account opening; AND 3) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. After you have completed all the above checking requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 10 business days.

That part is for waiving the monthly fee.

The DD is required. I opened this acct with Chase 4-5 years ago & there was no way to avoid the DD. Do you see the word AND 3.

1 Like

I apologize if this is old news. I did not know. I might be the last one to have found out, if so not the first time. Anyway, I just received an email from DCU:

They are now paying 6.17% APY on the first $1000 in your DCU primary savings account.

I’m already in and have been for a while. But I thought the going rate was only 5% APY. This has to be the third or fourth increase since I sent 'em a grand several years ago. They keep on increasing the rate. I cannot keep up with the increases, but I’m not pulling out my $1000, either.:wink:

Well, that’s the good news of the day!!! I just checked my “cheat sheet”. Sure enough I have $1087 @5.12%. I don’t remember how long I have had the acct, but I guess there is a limit. Wow, 6.17%

OK, well maybe it is news after all. I cannot keep up but I’m surely not complaining.

One thing, though:

It is wasteful to keep anything over $1000 in the DCU account because the interest rate above $1000 is quite low. What I do is check from time to time and, once the balance touches $1000, I ACH out everything over $990. Afterwards I again allow growth back up to $1000. Rinse and repeat.

Hi Patty, I jumped in on this after I happened to read this thread and was able to open a MMpromo last week - Thanks to this thread. Like to check with you to make sure I am doing things right, when I signed into my account, I see my share savings at $1.00 listed interest at 0.10% and the MM promo account and a listed interest at tiered even tho I have 10k in the account already. Is that how it appears for you as well or is it just mine? Thanks!

• Really miss Fatwallet.
1 Like

Yes fatty, you’re doing everything just right.

I asked the same question about not seeing the 2.75% interest rate listed by the MM Promo. I was told that we would see the interest at the end of the month when it is posted. So I guess we just wait & hope that it shows up as the Rep said…

Another thing I found out after opening the savings. As you post the small deposits for ACH transfers that we are only allowed 6 transfers a month. A Rep suggested I open a checking account & bypass the 6 allowed transfers. I opened the checking account & now do my transfers to the MMP account easily.

Thanks Patty for the quick reply. Noticed that it was not mentioned up thread, there is a fee for paper statement, so for all who signed up for Grow, remember to make sure you have e-statement instead of paper statement. Its a 3 or 4$ for paper statement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks, Shinobi and Patty for all the infor you have posted. Happy to have gotten in on this deal.

• Took note about the limited 6 ach allowed from savings. Thanks!

DD is required to receive the bonus however there just needs to be one DD of any amount, not a reoccurring DD. To keep the account fee free(separate from the bonus), there is the option to have a reoccurring DD or to keep a minimum of $1500 in the account.

1 Like

I opened the Discover account for the $200 bonus. I was surprised to see the $200 bonus show up in my account the same day as the $25K deposit. I almost feel guilty transferring all of it (except a dollar or so to keep the account open) right back out.

1 Like

Same with me; same day the deposit posted the bonus posted. Easy as pie!

no clawback of bonus or penalties for taking the account down to ~$1?

I read the fine print and it doesn’t say anything about having to leave the money in the account for any length of time.