Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Heads up for everyone brave enough to edit the wiki:

Please don’t forget to order the table first by interest rate, then by the date the interest rate was enacted (from earliest at the top to latest at the bottom). This allows us to see which institutions are leading and which are lagging behind.

@slappycakes, @dataadmin

Well, let me tell you PurePoint is lagging pretty bad right now and I am sufficiently fed up to where I’m close to giving 'em the boot and taking my dough elsewhere. If it were not such a PITA I would have pulled the money out already.

Come on, PurePoint, get with the program!!

Is PurePoint still at 1.60%? I moved out & left $12 in account some time ago.

With Popular Direct at 2.%, it was a no brainer to move, for me. Pop Direct has an A rating & that helped me decide to move on. Alliant 1.5% is still my hub, & already have done the small deposits to move funds over to Pop Dir.

Yes, last I checked. I’m not jumping on Popular because if have no history with them. I cannot put my money into a place with unknown withdrawal credentials. This is money which, when I need to put my hands on it, I REALLY need the dough RIGHT NOW!! And I know with PurePoint there is instant availability, this based on personal experience.

With other banking service providers I have no history, so no way to know for certain they will not pull a fast one when I must withdraw my funds instantly.

Yes, I never had any problems with PurePoint, except their percentage rate.

I figure if I need funds out of Popular right away I will use Alliant ACH overnight service. I have done the small deposits & have Popular connected with my Alliant account.

shinobi, if you can see any problem with what I mentioned above please let me know. I’m relying on Alliant to make any quick transfers as they usual do.

Surely you need have no concerns regarding Alliant. Alliant is solid and reliable.

As for Popular, as already indicated I have no history with them and no knowledge of “special” rules or hurdles they might impose regarding withdrawals. I simply do not know one way or the other.

As bad as is the current PurePoint interest rate, I have had pretty extensive conversations with people there regarding all this stuff. The conversations went well, and so have my actual experiences with PurePoint. Those things form the basis for my remaining with PurePoint, at least for now, despite the cost.

Amex Personal Savings up to 1.55%. PurePoint is really being put to shame now.

PurePoint up to 1.75%.

6 Likes

Was unaware. Huge thanks for posting!

Glad now that I remained with them. All else considered, I can live with 1.75% together with PurePoint’s reliability and high level of service.

This is good news, indeed.

This post for folks now doing business at Popular and for anyone contemplating same. There are some negative posts over on Ken’s forum. I am not a Popular customer and I am NOT endorsing what this guy wrote. This is merely a heads up for anyone who might have missed the remarks over there:

This poster is unhappy with his experience so far at Popular

Do also read the responses, down below, from RJM to her/his OP.

shinobi, everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Popular Direct 2% savings is working out for me The overall health grade of “A”, with a Texas ratio of 7.81% is excellent.

Sure, filling out the online application gave me some pause, but I kept on & got it to go through. I used Alliant CU ACH for the initial deposit of $5K. The small deposits, 1 day as usual with Alliant. I’ve made 2 Alliant CU ACH deposits to Popular so far, without any problem.

With anything we do in life, there can be ruts in the road. On Kens site there were some negative posts but also positive.

1 Like

Happy for your good fortune so far. But I would anticipate fewer problems on the way in . . . . than on the way out. That will be the test.

I’m trying to understand what problems there could possibly be if Alliant is being used to fund the account and also to pull the funds out if need be. Where is the paranoia coming from?

Right zzz… By using Alliant for ACH funding. I’ll also use Alliant to pull out funds.

Capital One 360 MMA up to 1.60% APY on balances of $10,000.00 or more. (Balances of less than $10,000.00 will still earn arate of 0.85% APY.)

Very misleading…so if I put $20000 in Capital One’s MMA what’s the adjusted APY after they monkey with the amounts? I know there is a formula but I can’t remember what it was.

If I did it right it would break down as follows (someone correct me if I’m wrong):

$20,000 = 1.225% Adjusted APY
$50,000 = 1.45%
$250,000 = 1.57%

Doesn’t look like a deal to me given the alternatives paying 1.85%.

Popular Direct is paying 2%

1 Like

For the Capital One MMA it’s not an adjusted APY. Once you are over a $10,000 balance the entire balance earns the higher rate.

1 Like

Ok…I misread the way it was worded then…still 1.6% < 1.85%

Even on $50,000 that’s an extra $125 a year. Multiply by 5 for $250,000

and as mentioned a couple of places are now paying 2%.

why is Popular not in the summary above?