Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Because you haven’t added it to the table yet? Seriously…the table is open to all so they can add entries and currently all additions have been by around 3 people total. Personally I got tired of updating things every time something changed. I imagine the other people who have edited the table have felt the same way since modifications have slowed.

2 Likes

Yes, they feel the same way, but modifications have slowed because the rates aren’t changing as often.

Incredible is up to 1.82%, updated Wiki.

Not “Incredible” but nice to see some upward movement.

2 Likes

Capital One 360 Money Market 1.60% ($10,000+)
Ally OSA 1.50%

1 Like

Updated Ally, but Cap1 was already correct.

5 Likes

Synchrony Bank HYS now at 1.65%

2 Likes

Sallie Mae MMA is now @ 1.65%

2 Likes

SFGI is now @ 1.61%

1 Like

Why are you afraid to edit the wiki?

1 Like

PMCU (Premier Members) is offering to pay 4% APY on the first $2000 of your money market account:

Decent deal for up to $2000

However, it will cost you $5 to join PMCU. Anyone may join.

Virtual Bank has a great 2.01% MM deal guaranteed for one year:

Pretty sweet MM deal

Ha Ha

Joke is on me.

Good deal so I applied . . . whereupon my CC company promptly declined my charge and sent me an urgent fraud alert! LMAO

When I clicked that I actually had made the charge, and that it is legitimate and not bogus, they cheerfully told me to put it through again . . . . .

so I telephoned the bank . . . . which was closed. These guys apparently are working banker’s hours!! There is not a dull moment in this life.

Yes, I see Virtual Bank on Ken’s site.

So, are you going to keep Virtual Bank? For me I’m still going with Popular Direct Exclusive Savings…2%. Just received my 1st monthly statement yesterday.

Yes, probably will on account of the guarantee and on account of the bank itself.

Trying to work out the most profitable account financing I can.

One thing:

They told me they limit even ACH transfers initiated outside the bank to $100000/day, absent prior approval. Ken did not mention that.

Regardless, the one year rate guarantee seems to me a comforting feature and I like it.

Rates are only going up, not down. If we get to 1 year from now and rates are stagnant or down and this rate is still amazing, I will be shocked.

Well, first of all, I would not label this 2% rate as “amazing”. I would call it decent.

I like the lock since I’ve learned over the years I’m not able to forecast interest rates. That said, I agree they are headed up today. But in a few months? In a few months we could be at war. Who knows.

Too little, too late… Ally raised online savings account to 1.60% APY

5 Likes

As a heads up for the high rate liquid money fans who participate here:

Of the two current, ongoing, good deals, be aware:

Virtual Bank: soft pull

UnitedBank: hard pull plus Chexsystems

My personal opinion:

Those hard pulls are murder . . . and they are so unnecessary.

2 Likes

Time to cash in my 1.55% no penalty CD.

1 Like

With you. The key change I’m seeing, in recent days, is attachment of a rate guarantee period to the high-yielding MM (i.e., liquid) accounts.

When you have a rate guarantee your MM is competing directly with no-penalty CDs. Much depends, of course, on the length of that rate guarantee. But the Virtual Bank one year guarantee is sufficient to obviate need for any number of existing no-penalty CD situations. I also am in process of taking steps to exit same.