Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven $199.99 Amazon

This toaster/convection oven is highly rated and not typically on sale for this price.

4.5/5 stars

1 Like

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

More than a toaster oven, these things do a lot of work. And trip breakers.

I’ve had mine for a couple of years and have never tripped a breaker.

Wasn’t there a thread on FW about someone saying this thing tripped their breaker and cost them some $?

What is the benefit of this unit if you already have a toaster and a regular gas convection oven/broiler?

Faster and no gas smell (v gas oven anyways). Frozen pizzas and other frozen foods come out really well too (much better than in the big oven), but that’s a bad feature. Id assume the temperatures are much more accurate.

Plus if you’re not a short person, you don’t have to sit on the floor to reach things into it out of the oven

I got their top of the line air fryer one for ~$220 last year from BBB. Haven’t used the air fryer or other features though…

My main problem is I didn’t research first to learn you can’t use parchment paper in them, and I had used parchment for ~everything in the regular oven. Haven’t looked/bought a substitute method to make chicken like I planned to.

Bend3r, try a silicone mat instead of parchment?

2 Likes

I’ve seen those but haven’t ordered yet. Not really a direct substitute though.

I’ve only used those for baking but I guess you could put meat on them. They are expensive compared to parchment tho. I wouldn’t want to ruin it.

What’s your chicken recipe?