Chase Sapphire bank account $1,000 bonus

I received a mailer for this offer:

Has anyone tried this? If so, if I put the $75,000 in an ultra-short bond fund will it qualify for fee waiver?

Thanks

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

You may find this helpful. Good luck.

1 Like

I started this about a month ago. Money is sitting in Vanguard Prime.

I started on this about a month ago too by opening a YouInvest account and transferring some stock shares over from a different brokerage. Also, I saw something about a $2k award for signing up for CPC and transferring in more than $250k. I guess this $2k award could be step 2 of this deal :slight_smile:

Just a thought…
you may want to start this deal sequence by running down the balance on your checking account, then signing up for this offer.
You don’t want to get stuck in the situation where you transfer in exactly $75k, but then your checking account balance falls by some amount and makes your net deposits less than $75k.

I’m Chase Private client and military got a lot of fee waivers and the arts and culture card

Does Sapphire also get some sort of arts and culture card?

I’m thinking about jumping in on this. Where do you see Vanguard Prime Money Market is available? Looking through the available mutual funds from the investment choice in the menu of my online Chase account, I see Vanguard Federal MM but not Prime.

Also, do I have to open their brokerage account through an investment banker? It seems to say so in their T&Cs.

Under Trade->Mutual funds, I searched for VMMXX. I opened both Sapphire checking and You Invest accounts online.

I’ve received the $1,000 bonus, deposited into my Sapphire checking. Anyone have experience with:

1. Does the account need to be open another 3 months (6 months total) to avoid early termination bonus clawback?
  2. Can holdings in the Youinvest account be liquidated and transferred to Sapphire checking without fees, and then transfer out from checking without fee?

There is no fine print for it, but I’m holding mine for 6 months.

1 Like

I was going to close the account after getting the bonus, I didn’t think they could claw it back. Interesting.

Just closed it a few days ago. Dividends for VMMXX dropped off the cliff in the last few months.

2 Likes