Colgate toothpaste - a "Total scam"

Thanks for bringing this back to “Finance”! :slight_smile:

Clearly, this is what we all should be doing. Who pays for these items?!? On every business trip, you “borrow” a few extras from the cart in the hallway before check out.

/kidding

You know, they cut the song short too in gent’s club, right?

1 Like

Colgate Total toothpaste has triclosan=endocrine disruptor

3 Likes

Most people don’t care enough about what enters their bodies. On the other hand, you’re not supposed to swallow toothpaste, so not much stays in the system. But what doesn’t stay, goes down the drain (sometimes after going through you) and ends up in the water supply, which is also a problem many people don’t care enough about.

Another thing with toothpaste is that commercials lie (well, I don’t see commercials, but the old ones did). They spread a big long turd over the entire length of the head of the toothbrush. Sometimes it’s plastered right on the packaging, like Aquafresh. This is subliminal messaging to make you think that you need to spread it generously, so you end up buying it more often. All you really need is a third of that, the size of maybe half a hazelnut. One tube should probably last at least a couple months if you brush twice a day. Unless you got a giant mouth or something :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Switch to Pepsodent. :slight_smile:
Oh, and while you’re using that time machine, go ahead and buy a couple of pounds of coffee and a half-gallon of orange juice. :smile:

1 Like

Not anymore: Colgate without Triclocan

2 Likes

How often do you brush your tooth?

7 Likes

I said it was a 4(?) pack of 8 oz tubes. How many times you think you can brush your teeth with a quart of toothpaste?

And how much of an important life event milestone is buying toothpaste that you would remember it? Do you celebrate a Toothpaste Buy Anniversary day?

My comment went right over your head, eh?

5 Likes

Canadian?

4 Likes

I’m still lost. If anyone PM me the joke explain bot, would be helpful for future.

Edit: Wow. OK, thx glitch. I kind of see it now, guess I was looking for something more :). So it has nothing to do with the eh/Canadian or whoever that specific actor was, etc.

/me is dumb

Toothpaste. As in, one tooth. Which would make a tube last even longer.

1 Like

I have not laughed this hard in a week. :joy:

3 Likes

I agree. Its a scam. Inflation would be increasing the price. Keeping the price n decreasing the size … without the corresponding “check out our new smaller amount” star bubble on the packaging is total scammy behavior. 100%.

2 Likes

You guys are funny. This has been done since the beginning of time.

2 Likes

Agreed, Argyll.

(Not all that many) years ago, they used to make available so-called “travel sized” toothpaste. I recall those small tubes containing just 4 ounces of toothpaste, a space saver for your luggage.

Fast forward to 2019. The new Total FULL SIZED tubes contain only 5.1 ounces of toothpaste, scarcely more than what once was considered travel size. Is this getting ridiculous or WHAT!!

And exactly how stupid does Colgate Palmolive think we all are?!

You have probably purchased hundreds of items that have done this. It is standard practice with grocery items, particularly chips, candy, cereals, soft drinks, toilet paper, etc.

Just google product or stealth downsizing, or shrinking packages.

6 Likes

Doesnt make it right.
Seems like you are justifying hitler because hes already killed so many jews.

You sure about that? The travel size tubes I’ve always seen were lucky to be pushing 2 oz, often closer to 1oz.

3 Likes