Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

I haven’t gone to see a doctor in years. Instead, the doctor comes to me with the Heal app. I didn’t like waiting in a room with a bunch of sick people before and there’s no way I’m doing that now.

Pursuant to my chloroquine post, above:

Chloroquine is a prescription only drug. I make no suggestions or recommendations here. I am not a doctor, and the following is to raise awareness only. Anything you do is on your own, and I disclaim all responsibility for whatever happens to you. That having been said:

I have needed prescription-only medicines in the past, principally antibiotics. The fish community has stepped up to fulfill this need in the past, and I have had good fortune and good outcomes using their solutions.

Apparently news of chloroquine reached them before it reached me. Just back from eBay and they got there first with a number of new listings:

Protect your fish here :wink:

One last thing:

When I did my antibiotics proper dosage was easily obtained online and all went smoothly. Be warned that too high a chloroquine dose can blind you. And I do not know the proper dose. It’s a prescription-only drug for very good reason!!

1 Like

I guess that’s what I’m getting at - if you arent feeling well, arent you going to take precautions with your mother regardless? Or with a negative test, are you going to say, “it must just be the flu, screw it.”? And that’s not even considering that a negative test today doesn’t prohibit a positive test tomorrow. I mean, the nexus of your concern is not feeling well. A test result isnt going to change that.

And again, from a broad management perspective, testing is necessary to identify and contain. I’m only talking from a personal perspective.

3 Likes

And this is why flu runs rampant through schools almost every flu season…

2 Likes

I’ll accept this answer. :slight_smile:

At least a week ago, Fox News Laura Ingraham mentioned use of Chloroquine & hydroxychloroquine has possible help for covid-19.

It’s amazing that this may be helpful & now being mentioned by President Trump & Doctors.

1 Like

It’s a valid point, especially considering my vague description.

I have no symptom near flu or even a cold, just feeling tired and I have issue with sleeping for years. Sometime but I wake up with chill or sweat but it’s not that unusual for me. The problem is that according to reports some of the symptoms are very mild. I just want to extra cautious.

LA County ordered to stay at home until at least April 19!

And I can’t get this out of my head Couple Make Hilarious COVID-19 Parody Of Come On Eileen - YouTube

1 Like

Is it a full in house quarantine and are you able to go out to buy groceries or have them delivered?

only allows people to leave their home for “essential activities,” like to pick up food, go to the doctor, or take a walk in the neighborhood

2 Likes

How old are you? :smile:

I started it and couldn’t turn it off. I hope they make a couple of bucks off of it.

Although she was seated, I’m pretty sure she had two legs.

I like this one, which came up after that one:

1 Like
4 Likes

There were almost as prescient as you with the TSLA puts. :smile:

2 Likes

Well I did so too, not enough though. However, if they believed so strongly like I did, why didn’t they do anything about it?

Interesting back story on US’s lack of test kits:

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/times-watchdog/single-point-of-failure-the-cdcs-past-successes-with-an-fda-process-set-the-table-for-coronavirus-testing-debacle/

I don’t think this is the entirety of the problem but at least partially contributed to it.

That appears to be a story written by a Seattle Times reporter. I tried to find it elsewhere because the website you linked won’t load without enabling javascript. I’m impressed that they wrote their own story, though. That’s a lot less common than it used to be.

As I was looking for less javascript heavy source, I ran across this. I’m unfamiliar with the site, and It definitely is a politically conservative take on the problem. I found it slightly interesting.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/03/cdc-was-fighting-racism-and-obesity-instead-daniel-greenfield/

And once you allow javascript it’ll ask you to turn off your adblocker! However, the “reader view” in Firefox works great.

3 Likes

Following up on my chloroquine post, up thread, I can offer two additional avenues for home care, both perhaps less aggressive than use of an unprescribed prescription drug.

First, a fingertip oximeter is something you might already have at home, perhaps if you suffer from sleep apnea. But a little oximeter, if you get the virus, can give you early indication of insufficient blood oxygenation. And, surprisingly, these things are inexpensive and pose no risk to the user:

Fingertip oximeters are inexpensive and readily available

You can pay as much or as little as you want, but even the most expensive of these will not break the bank.

The second item I’m referencing is a much more expensive purchase. But if you run into breathing difficulty an oxygen concentrator could be useful. This is something which must be shopped for beyond eBay. There are many sources offering different brands on the net. Here, for reference only, is what eBay offers:

Oxygen concentrators on eBay

On a personal note:

I still have a K cylinder of O2 from back tens of years ago when I was taking care of my dad. It has just been sitting out in the garage all these years, in the same place. Those steel K cylinders are good sized and a bit heavy. Hope I still have the strength to wrangle mine and get it into the house if need should arise. Also need to buy a fresh cannula. Those are inexpensive and are readily available on eBay.

My dad needed oxygen for a while prior to his death. It’s strange now, potentially at least with this virus and the toll it can take on the lungs, to be in that same situation.

2 Likes