Individual Stock Discussions

You can still get it for under $150 when it splits!

1 Like

Looks like IRA accounts qualify for free trades too. Signed up today. I am suppose to get 15 years of free stocks and ETF trading. But still have to pay for option tradings though.

How did you find out the number of years you were a Scottrade client? My online statements only go back 7 years, but I know I have been their client for much longer than that.

You crying about those today?

Not yet. The past week has been VERY good to me.

eta: When I play options I fully expect some will go to zero.

1 Like

So, you going to let it ride?

yep.

Sold too early on rite aid

02/20/18 bought 20 more at 3.80. I will watch these closely.

ETA: out of 20 of them at 4.25 I will look to get back in…

ETA: sold to soon I guess… but with the run-up I am now at an all time high for my actively managed accounts. That correction really helped my active positions, but my passive ones are still hurting a little.

You’re on fire. Congratulations.

Out of 10 of them at $9.60. I will look to buy back this morning at 190 calls.

ETA: 02/21/2018 20 Contracts BABA Feb 23 2018 190 Calls Filled at $3.16

Morgan Stanley has released guidance to heir clients stating that the recent pullback was the “appetizer, not the main course”.

Hmmm.

I see

Buy 1 Call Limit
Buy 1 Feb-23-18 190 Call @ 2.02 Limit to Open

When do you plan to sell?

This is a very dangerous play for you at this time. Luckily it only cost you $200. You HAVE to sell this before market close tomorrow. If this is BABA and BABA closes over $190 and you do not sell it will automatically exercise. When Monday rolls around you will own 100 shares of BABA and you will have to come up with $19,000 to cover it. If BABA closes under $190 (I think this is likely) then it will be worthless.

You really shouldn’t be buying these until you understand them. They are very powerful and can hurt you bad. As a matter of fact I was planning on selling all of mine at EOD today. I was in meetings when the Fed released minutes. I wasn’t expecting such a strong reaction. That is the issue with options. You have to be right about not only the direction but the time of the moves.

ETA: I are dumb, thought today was Thursday. So sell by EOD Friday. Everything else stands.

3 Likes

I dint know about the 19K you mentioned.

So what do I do if I dont want to be in that risk?

would that be Sell 1 feb-23- call? to be able to not worry about buying at 19K in case I make some profit. ’

had done some options in the past, but still at expertise level 2.

Just sell it before market close Friday.

3 Likes

Required reading for anyone trading options:

2 Likes

I should have said end of day Friday. For some reason I thought today was Thursday.

2 Likes

That same thing may or may not have happened to me… except on Monday I actually made more money instead of losing it. Nothing like getting that $300,000 margin call on Monday AM. There is no need for caffeine the rest of the day. If it is close I always close my options now on friday :slight_smile:

I’m the same, I used to not care but I can’t sleep well over the weekend if I don’t close them now. Not even close to your level either.