Individual Stock Discussions

Individual Stock Discussions

Thread seems ded. At least AAPL almost has crept back to $200.

2 Likes

For all you lucky LYFT owners, I hope you sold early after the IPO. Priced at $72, still a 10% return but could have been 20% earlier in the day.

Edit. Here’s the next couple days

1 Like

Q1’19 performance - total returns for the year to date.

QQQ 17% tech stocks
IWM 15% smallcaps
SPY 14% large caps
EFA 10% foreign stocks (developed)
EEM 10% foreign stocks (emerging markets)
JNK 8% junk bonds
BTC 8% bitcoin
BND 3% bonds
GLD 1% gold

Everyone’s a winner! Just the opposite of 2018, where everything but cash was down, some more than others.

1 Like

Took slightly longer than 3 months for AAPL from $142 to back over $200.

Now my IB accounts are up around 100% from low in Jan this year, but still down around 40% from Jan '18. Still a ways to go.

Not planning to touch any of my AAPL leaps for at least 6-9 more months. Earliest dated are 2x Jun '20. The rest are in '21.

2 Likes

Looking “happy” I sold most of F in Jan at ~$8… (went from $9.37 to $10.18 after ER today)… consolation is where i moved funds (AAPL) is up 50%. But the AAPL options were expensive. Plus it sucked some of my F options expiring worthless.

Also today, MSFT $1T.

Edit: Wow. F at $10.35. $1 up from near closing.

1 Like

Small short term earnings bet, naked short 2 puts.
First short term since pain in January.

Edit:Looking good! I should have bought more calls instead of the 2 naked puts. Overall from -$5k to +$15k for the day in a second or two.

1 Like

Well that settles it - UBER is clearly better than LYFT. They only lost 8% on the first day for IPO investors, while LYFT lost 11% and is now down 30% from their $72 IPO price. UBER IPOed at $45 and is now in the $41s.

1 Like

The bottom line w/ stocks is I like to see a chart (5 years+) that is trending upwards, not downwards.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/lyft

Short term AAPL $200 bet, I bought 2x this friday 187.50 calls for ~$1 each.

1 Like

Did you take partial profits yesterday? I hope …

Should have. Oh well.

1 Like