Joinhoney.com for cashback

So I figured I’d share something that others may be able to use. I’m not 100% sure how it worked or even when I signed up but I am a honey.com member. All I thought I was doing was putting an extension in chrome to help me price compare website when I shop. However, there is a cashback feature. I somehow got like 7% cashback from some June 2017 Marriott.com bookings. All told I just redeemed $340+ in Amazon gift cards.

Again, I’m not 100% sure what I was doing but I figured I would share this here. Do others use this?

4 Likes

You’re probably better off just using cashbackaholic and going through the cashback portal that gives the highest rate. Honey’s cashback rates aren’t disclosed so you might seriously be leaving money on the table.

If you don’t wanna do the extra step of setting up an account with each portal then honey seems like a minimal effort solution though.

1 Like

I have their extension in my browser also, but haven’t had any experience in using their cashback feature. Thanks for the info. I’ll try to consider this before shopping online. Though @rlaw is right, honey might be a good alternative if the rates aren’t clearly better elsewhere.

I’ve had some success with their feature of automatically applying the best available coupon during checkout. It really does save time.

1 Like

That is why I installed it and all I thought it was good for. Turns out I think I got something like 7% back from multiple Marriott stays I must have all booked back in June. I guess anything is better than nothing :wink:

2 Likes