Less common banking perks - community room usage , coin counting etc

oh ok, there’s also coinstar but their cut is bs

Exactly. That’s part of what this thread is about

TLDR, when I need to notarize a document, I bring it to my local bank that offers this service for free.

1 Like

Severa local banks near me offered this last year and I got so excited thinking it would be easy and profitable MS until I was told payment would be taken out of my checking account(s). Bummer…LOL

Last time I needed a deed notarized, Chase bitched at me that they don’t do real estate documents FWIW

I don’t do a lot fo property transfers, but what’s the difference between a signature on a property deed and a signature on an auto title transfer? If you’ve got an account at Chase, I would quietly complain to the branch mgr.

The main reason that we stayed at Chase for so long was the quality of their branch staff, from top to bottom.

There really isn’t a difference. Their argument was since it required two witnesses they weren’t going to do it. Well, I also had a declaration of trust that I needed notarized and they were perfectly fine notarizing that despite also needing two witnesses.

Then they tried to say since it was going to be recorded into official records it’s different. Rather than arguing I just went down the street to BoA who was all too happy to do it.

2 Likes

yes, the big banks may not provide that service but small town local banks and CUs offer it for free.