Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU)

Word on the street is that within the next ten days NFCU will unveil a new NFCU MasterCard having an across-the-board 1.5% reward.

Keep a weather eye.:wink:

They already have a 1.5% Visa. What’s the big deal?

He’s horny for MasterCard. /story

Actually, AFAIK, they have a 2% Visa. :wink:

I applied and snagged one only a few days ago. :grinning:

But MasterCards with a 1.5% across-the-board are not growing on trees either. So thought such news might be of interest to NFCU aficionados.

When did NFCU change their CashRewards from 1.5% to 2% ?

Dunno when. Ask Argyll. I was tipped off by his post here

Argyll’s trove of NFCU information

roughly a week ago. You will find no grass whatsoever growing between Argyll’s toes. He is on top of stuff. Totally! :wink:

The Flagship Rewards is a completely different product. It has an annual fee and AFAIK, cannot be redeemed for cashback.

Bolding above is mine, not Argyll’s. But Argyll is, of course, correct and I wanted to emphasize that portion of his post.

In addition, as for the $49 annual fee following the first year (which is without any fee at all);

See my link couple of posts up to Argyll’s original post. As Argyll points out there the current $500 bonus (yes, that is correct, a five hundred dollar tax-free BONUS!), used to pay the fee going forward, gives you a total of eleven fee-free years with a 2% across the board reward!!! How is that not a superb deal?!

And on a personal note, I’m unlikely even to be alive eleven years from now, so I took the deal and wore a watermelon smile all the way to the bank!!

Is NFCU great . . . or WHAT!!

So, exactly October 23rd?

Woo Hoo!!

A happy day today as my shiny new NFCU Flagship Rewards card has arrived right along with its sparkling $25k credit limit. This is like finding money, big money, in the street! Thank you Argyll! Thank you NFCU!

And to think only a short distance up thread I posted that NFCU was moribund as to opportunity. Of course back then I had certificates of deposit on my mind. Little did I realize then the NFCU credit card opportunities resting right beneath my nose. :grinning:

And finally, the above enthusiasm is unrelated entirely to the sweet $500 bonus on this card. Instead, this excitement is generated solely by the rich 2% rewards I see in my future with this card, rewards which will eclipse that bonus in short order.:wink:

congrats, i waiting until nov to try for a second card.

Many thanks. Hope you score a second card at NFCU next month. Probably gonna wait a while myself before applying for the upcoming new NFCU MasterCard.

My experience with a second card was they gave a low credit line, but raised it considerably when requested six months later.

Three cards are allowed per customer, but I was declined for a third card a couple years ago.

I may apply for the Flagship card in a few weeks when the old inquiry ages off my credit report.

2 Likes

Same card, or different card?

Going for cash rewards.

Any word on the street about 0%/$0 BT offers for existing cards?

I’m thinking of getting the Flagship Rewards card, but will wait until tomorrow to see if something new develops. Per the conversation above, it was just a MasterCard no fee 1.5%, so not as attractive. Just wondering like qcumber98 … was the Oct 23 date just picked at random, or should we expect something to be announced tomorrow?

By the way … a data point … I qualified for membership based on a veteran in my family. It took a phone call and I did provide relation and branch, but no documentation was requested.

1 Like

No, not me. The implication was that they would announce the new MC version of the 1.5% card tomorrow, so I just thought it might be worth waiting a day to see if there were any other credit card changes with them.

You’ve answered my question, though. Despite words above, there is nothing specific about October 23.

Someone said NFCU is offering the Cash rewards as a MasterCard today. :thinking:🤷

1 Like

When does that 50k bonus post for the Flagship? I met the spend requirement on two cards within a week of receiving them. First statement has not cut, but the fine print says it could be weeks after the 90 day time range. They also talk about NET purchases (purchases less refunds) a bit in the same breath, so curious if this is strict or if I should expect the 50k bonus on the first statement cut.