The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

Joseph Stalin in 1948 and [the one who must not be named] in [year not named] - The Truth and Nothing but the Truth.
You’ve joined an august group.

Graham finally said it…

3 Likes

Billy Graham passed away some time ago. I think his son is continuing his ministry. I can get you their address if you’d like.

Russia working to help reelect President Trump, FBI chief says

Russia is mounting “very active efforts” to interfere with the U.S. election to benefit President Trump, FBI Director Christopher Wray told Congress on Thursday.

Yes, Russia is afraid that SS Minnow captain Party Candidate Joseph Biden will continue to forget who/where he is and say hmmm … what does this button do? Poof! And then we really will have global warming. So @scripta, I stand corrected. One man, albeit a low-life, wife-stealing car-thief, SS Minnow captain Party Candidate Biden can cause global warming all my himself.

Thus it is understandable that for self-preservation purposes, and for saving the whole planet, Russia may prefer to see a sane man remain in the White House. This is despite his tough negotiating style.

1 Like

That’s comedy gold right there. A twofer.

All along I’ve assume you were talking about a boat - the SS Minnow, etc. A boat, that’s sailing off into the horizon (or is destine to sink). :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a common nautical term. He’s not off the mark, you are.

2 Likes

Why doesnt the Anti-Defamation League fight for such symbols to be removed from Nazi history? I mean, y’all got so bent out of shape over something so benign and generic as “SS”. Instead of making everyone evil who dares to use them 100 years later, remove the isolated instance of evil connotations from the symbols’ legacy, so they’re just lines on a paper. Because after all, they are just lines on a paper.

Yes, the Senate approving judges is the same as the Senate and House agreeing on legislation. Do you ever understand the stuff you write?

McConnell hasnt stalled coronavirus aid any more than Pelosi has stalled it - she’s the one that refused to pass the stuff they actually agree on, choosing instead to demand everything or nothing.

Good thing their interference isnt giving weapons to rebels, like we’ve been known to do on occasion.

1 Like

Betsy DeVos’s Former Chief Of Staff Joins Anti-Trump Group

A pro-Trump youth activist group paid teenagers to push conservative talking points on social media, including misleading claims and disinformation

• Turning Point Action, an affiliate of pro-Trump youth organization Turning Point USA, paid teenagers — some minors — in Arizona to push conservative talking points over social media, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

• Twitter and Facebook banned multiple accounts as part of an ongoing review in response to The Post’s questions about the social media campaign.

• Experts told The Washington Post that those posts could circumvent the efforts by social media platforms to curb the spread of disinformation, despite its similarity to spam-bots and troll accounts.

• “In 2016, there were Macedonian teenagers interfering in the election by running a troll farm and writing salacious articles for money,” Graham Brookie, director of the Atlantic Council’s Digital Forensic Research Lab, told The Post. “In this election, the troll farm is in Phoenix.”

George Soros said this was unfair. He appealed to other people like himshelf, who are down and out, to not fact-check anything, and to trust the ruling class to do what’s best for the [insert victim minority of-the-day].

As SSMC Party Candidate Joseph Biden restated "thinking for yourself is not good. Just trust us. We’ve told people in the inner city for 50+ years that we will fix things and take care of them. We’ve been enormously successful. You can now violently peacefully protest, and shop on the way home without risk of incarceration … at least in Democrat controlled bloc parties.

He is now asking minorities who think for themselves and don’t “block vote” to put their faith in Democrats. We’ll see if he is con vincing.

Sorry for the late response, but I’ve been fighting the “3 in-a-row” limit for some time.

If that is truly the case, it means the guy/gal he was cheating off of was at the bottom of the class. It also means that SS Minnow captain Party
Candidate Biden was as ignorant then as he is now, for cheating off of someone who didn’t know much more than him. So, maybe it isn’t senility. Maybe it’s congential.

And no, that’s not what Party Chairman Bill Clinton was doing in he oral office with the teenage intern. And just to be clear, that ONE was NOT underage.

Sorry @pattyb53 for the late response, but the 3 in-a-row limit is kind of limiting, unless you have all day to spread out your posts.

When have you heard of a liberal that is happy, or can laugh at a joke that isn’t an insult to their “enemies” (the productives), or belongs in a bathroom?

1 Like

I really liked that read as well. It’s true that many do not see the decrease of effective wealth caused by money printing and debt. But it’s interesting that he’s seeing this coming to roost within 5 years only.

The initial quote to which I responded was “SS Biden” though, not SS Minnow. I have no idea how this is supposedly a thing. So is there a SS Trump too? We can start using that as well I guess if that’s the new word for candidate.

1 Like

You must be trying really, really hard to not understand. I dont recall the technical term for what it is, but it’s a concept that everyone learns in middle school grammar class.

The SS Minnow was a ship that sailed around wherever the wind took it until it wrecked. The SS Biden is a metaphorical ship sailing around wherever the wind takes it that’s on the verge of wrecking. Plug in whatever descriptive details you want, but it’s painfully simple to understand.

1 Like

Right. But is it this process (or others like it) that’s causing the delays, and up to now it’s just been covered up with overtime?

1 Like

The S.S. Minnow was a fictional boat in a 1960s TV sitcom. There’s few people alive now that were in the target viewership demographic for that sitcom in the 1960s. (Median current survivor’s age would be what? 80+? Assuming they were on the young side at 20 when it aired? Although i guess to be fair there were probably 20 years of reruns… but it seems unreasonable to me to assume it’s a pop cultural reference that “everyone” should be aware of)

There do seem to be people at boat clubs that name their boats prefixed with S.S. to pretend they’re large and impressive vessels (since cruise ships are large and generally luxurious). I’m not familiar with yacht club culture myself, not a .1%er and I don’t live near a coast either. The real nautical usage of the S.S. prefix is for large ocean liners.

As opposed to an obscure century-old German reference? Not everyone is a history scholar.

At least Gilligan reruns are still on TV. And besides, that’s just one example of it’s usage; it’s a pretty standard nautical term.

1 Like