Alliant Credit Union

The 6 transfers limit is still in the account agreement documents. Not sure if they are enforcing it… See page 21 (transfer limitations) Link

2 Likes

Well, here’s the thing:

The Alliant account agreement limits transfers using as a basis government regulations. That probably refers to the old Regulation D.

But of course that six transfer limitation has now been removed from government regulations. The change happened in April of 2020:

3 Likes

I thought there’s been prior discussion about how Alliant is one of the few still enforcing that 6/month limit despite the elimination of Reg D?

1 Like

As the bankrate article mentioned, the 6 withdrawals limit in Reg D was temporarily suspended, but this doesn’t mean that the individual banks can’t continue to impose that limit, they’re just no longer required to do so. Discover, for example, is most helpful when it comes to these limits – the number of withdrawals is listed along with the transactions, but the “More Info” note says “We are currently not enforcing the monthly transaction limit on savings and money market accounts.” So bank’s actual behavior may not be dictated by the written agreement.

For Alliant Visa Signature cardholders:

Nota Bene

Your statement closed during the overnight last night. Go collect your money and start using your card again. :smile:

I collected $251 this morning, which means I messed up and overspent just a tad bit. Oh, well. Gotta be more careful next time. :wink:

1 Like

I agree with you. And frankly, in my view, that is too long to wait if the Fed moves three quarters of a percent later today!

They must have read my mind. They didn’t wait!

Our Alliant savings interest rate is now 1% APY!! :joy:

6 Likes

Oh wow, it’s rare for Alliant to change rates in the middle of a month.

3 Likes

I’m happy about Alliant CU 1%. Really surprised!!

So now Bask Bank 1.5% super savings looking mediocre. :blush:

I am not so happy about Alliant Cu…as a result of a few problematic ach transfers, they are “punishing me” with a reduction in ach transfer limits… instead of being able to transfer $100,000 in per day and $25,000 out a day…i now can only transfer $250.00 out per day and $1,000 in per day FOR THE NEXT SIX MONTHS…making the accounts useless for me…

I called and they said that is the rules and there is nothing i can do about it… :roll_eyes:

Yes craig, happened to me sometime ago. When you get on their bad list just follow their rules.

After a period of time Alliant will give you a second chance. I’m now allowed the old regular $100k in and $25k out.

Very annoying!

Thank you, patty…i kind of remember you mentioning having that same issue…Just curious…did it take 6 months to get back the normal limits or was it sooner (if you can recall)…

I’m not sure about the months I waited before calling Alliant asking for a review. But I’d wait for a couple of months. Follow through with the conditions they requested before you call. That’s my advice.

When I called and explained that I needed to ACH more money to take care of my business. They changed me back to regular times.

Yes, allowing $100k transfers with no holds is a big potential risk for Alliant. It’s entirely understandable that they add restrictions when someone’s activity indicates potential problems. Even if they try to explain the problems away. While it sucks when it happens to you, everyone should appreciate the fact they deal with it on a case-by-case basis and not just change the terms for everybody so they dont have to worry about it.

4 Likes

Don’t use Alliant for pushing and pulling. Use your external accounts. I don’t think they can impose limits on externally-initiated actions.

That seems to be the case…i was able to transfer $75,000 out of them to Marcus (using Marcus of course) and there were no problems…

His whole point is that using them as a hub, due to high limits and no holds, is the account’s only value to him. If he could push/pull funds using another service, he wouldnt need to involve Alliant at all.

Actually, i was using them…and was thinking about going back to using them for my day-to-day activities also…and i do have the Alliant Visa Signature Card as well…

Perhaps if i actively use them for both main checking activity and the credit card, after two months i could ask for them to re-consider…after showing i am using the accounts responsibly…

Alliant up to 1.05%.

Gotta say, relative to their competitors, this is disappointing. Was hoping for 1.25%.

4 Likes

Any opinions on the new agreement for mobile app?

1 Like