Alliant Credit Union

PSA

I had 2 transfers duplicated by Alliant yesterday to two different financial institutions. It looks like Alliant reversed the second one (duplicates) but this will still be a mess at the other 2 FI’s.

Hopefully, this did not impact everyone with scheduled transfers yesterday!

1 Like

Alliant CU fouled up on my bill pay last month by making a double payment. I’m thinking double trouble for the last couple months.

Finally their bill pay system is back on track for this month. No problems making my Citi CC payment.

I guess I’ll stick with them now. (all my bill records are easily stashed with Alliant).

1 Like

I had a transfer from Alliant duplicated too. They reversed it the next day.

3 Likes

I did also…and they also reversed it the next day…

3 Likes

Seems like it might be time to completely cut the cord with Alliant.

Alliant has a FASTPASS promo code which was emailed to me this morning.

The promo is for “new and existing members of Alliant Credit Union (“Alliant”) who are current or retired employees from one of the many businesses and organizations Alliant partners with in the U.S.”

However there is no indication which businesses these are.

Here’s the link to the promo

https://promo.alliantcreditunion.org/fastpass

1 Like

You should edit your link and remove everything starting with the question mark. It contains tracking information tied to your email.

2 Likes

You are eligible if you received it. Ask them to apply it to your certificate, or open another one.

A $1000 certificate at 4.6% with a $100 bonus works out to 14.6%. A $10,000 certificate with two bonuses would be 6.6%.

1 Like

I think they sent this email to everyone, or at least to more people than they should have. The email said “You have complimentary access to membership in Alliant Credit Union as an employee perk”, which is BS, since I’m already a member, membership is complimentary anyway, and it’s not an employee perk in my case.

That is curiously indeed, since the offer page says:

It omits step 1, which is for the savings account.

I just tried to open a savings account and got this:

They also have a “Supplemental Savings Account”, but only the High-Rate Savings is mentioned in the promo.

I agree. Knowing Alliant, I think this is gonna get clawed back or cancelled, especially with the DoC crowd that’s piling on to this.

1 Like

I think you’ll want this in writing (or record the conversation). A stickied post on the DoC thread says:

But that’s still confusing, because the simplest interpretation for step 4 implies that $10K must be added to accounts opened with the FASTPASS offer, which means existing checking and savings accounts would not qualify, and we’d have to add $10K to the new CD opened with the FASTPASS offer code to get the $100 mentioned in step 4 (in addition to the obvious $100 in step 3). If I just open a CD with $1K and add $9K to an existing savings account, they’ll have no reason to give me that extra $100 from step 4…

Though the offer page also mentions the following for existing members:

so maybe existing account balances do qualify, as long as it’s $10K more on 4/30 than it was on 1/18…

This is the most confusing offer ever. Freaking Alliant, WABOA :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the safest way to play it for those with existing accounts is to open a new CD using the code, deposit $10K for a month (3/31-4/30), then, if you don’t need it, just close the CD (any interest will be taken away as penalty). That should satisfy steps 3 and 4 for a cool $200, or ~24% APR for a month :slight_smile: .

I have two savings accounts already. Did you apply for Supplemental Savings with the promo code?

I’m probably going to open a certificate, maybe for as little as $1K.

Did you? I don’t see a way to open a Supplemental Savings account with a promo code online, and, as I already mentioned, the promo page only mentions the High-Rate Savings account, which is not the Supplemental Savings, and explicitly says: “Already a member? Open one of the other accounts to take advantage of this promotion” when you click on “Learn about savings account”. I’m not saying it won’t work, the trick is to somehow open it with the promo code…

So I started the CD application process by clicking on the link they sent me in the email. The promo code “fastpass” was entered automatically. But when I try to submit, I received

If I change the code to “fast pass”, it can proceed to the next step, but so does any random promo code I put it. So I think somehow the promo does not work for me.

1 Like

So I tried to open the CD online this morning. Just wouldn’t complete. I called Alliant instead of wasting my time online and finished the application immediately.

Sometimes its just easier to speak to an agent. :))

3 Likes

While you were typing this, I was also talking to a rep. She sent a message to her supervisor to qualify me for the promotion for the CD I opened two days ago. She also opened another CD for me today. So I guess I’m covered two ways for the promotion. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are getting two CDs covered?

There is no place for promo code for supplemental savings, so I can forget that unless they let you do it over the phone. I will probably open a certificate because there is a space for the promo code.