Alliant Credit Union

Yes, I think Alliant CU is having different problems.

I just worked on adding PSECU to my list of new accts for ACH transfers. Problem when I logged out, site stayed connected. Usually it shows that you are completely out of account.

The downtime may be part of the wonderful online banking enhancements that @craig10x was talking about. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope so…they have been very “tight lipped” when i have asked them questions about when they would be releasing the “online banking enhancements” and the last time i asked them was about 6 months ago…well, maybe by the year 2025 it will finally be ready… LOL :smile:

1 Like

The Alliant CU website is “up” . . technically. You can use it. But, for me at least, it is uncharacteristically lethargic.

So what is the problem? I have no clue. Am merely reporting my experience today and over the most recent couple of days.

The end of August approaches. I have “special needs”, related to Alliant account access, when months end and other months commence. If website access goes belly up now it’s gonna be a real bummer.

I didn’t have any problems accessing their site but then again I am using Firefox 2.0. Unfortunately they can only transfer 100k at a time and for a mere 0.1% increase it isn’t worth the trouble.

Alliant’s Online Banking working fine this morning…Out of curiousity, i had secured emailed them about the Online banking refresh that was planned…I was told that yes it is definitely coming and should be on by the end of this year for sure…It’s just going to be a design refresh, so you Alliant uses that love their old 1990s style interface so much should not panic…it will NOT affect features, reliability or performance…so you can relax and by the way the recent problems getting into online had NOTHING to do with that at all…

I had trouble again this morning. It worked for me in Edge but not FF. Thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

1 Like

One thing that does get rather annoying is it seems the mobile check deposit breaks down a lot…Currently i find i can’t make a deposit…after taking the photos it takes me back to the beginning part and i have to start all over again…I emailed them about it…i wonder if they will fix it…

Very well said indeed, Argyll. It look great to me as well!!

Change for change’s sake is rampant today. It provides work for persons unable to make genuine and valuable contributions to our world. And it provides heartburn for all the rest of us, the VAST majority.

2 Likes

Just needs a type style refresh which is probably what they have in mind…give it the more modern look that it has in the mobile app… I just find that easier on the eyes…I wonder why your mobile deposit works well when mine is very jittery…i have a brand new android phone with the latest version…I’ll have to call them with an inquiry…I tried the Online Check Deposit and THAT worked great…

For those of you using Alliant’s credit card, I have a tip.

If you should lose your card, when they replace it, you’ll still have all your old statements online, but you will lose the searchable transaction history from the old card and the ability to download all transactions into a file (Excel etc).

So if you have to report fraud, make sure to first download your transaction history if you like to do power searches, etc.

Also, Alliant’s computer woes extend to their customer service reps. It took my rep 5 minutes to pull up my customer information due to slow computers.

5 Likes

Agreed. I do not use it a lot but have used it over the past few months. No issues in my experience and improved over previous version (a couple of years ago for me).

I’m also using an Android phone @craig10x. Good luck :slight_smile:

I did not have trouble this morning on Firefox. I have noticed that the login screen does not seem to transition (ie login) sometimes on the first attempt. This started a few months ago, I think. I wonder if that is the cause of the recent issues I have been seeing. I wonder if Alliant reads this thread. Maybe we can post any observations and they will see and fix it. Haha.

Thank you, gremin007…i e-mailed their mobile app team directly to get their feedback and to report the problem i am having with it…and asked them for any suggestions or if there was anything they could do on their end…

For Alliant bill payer users only:

Those of us who use this service are accustomed to the very helpful Sunday payments feature. It is convenient being able to schedule a payment for Sunday, have the funds debited from Alliant checking on that Sunday, and have your bill paid the next day, Monday.

Merely as a heads up, there will be no scheduling of bill payments for this coming Sunday (only). Any efforts to do so will default to Monday, September second.

So if you are moving funds strategically early in the day, from savings to checking to cover your bill payments, do not do so on Sunday as usual. Instead leave the funds in savings for one extra day and collect the additional interest there. Then, for this holiday event only, move the funds to checking early in the day on Monday.

I like that Alliant will pay our bills on a Federal holiday. That’s pretty darn good service.:grinning:

That doesn’t sound like a good feature. If the bill isn’t paid until Monday, it’s really a Monday payment, not a Sunday payment. They take your money before the bill is paid. Discover bank, for example, takes the money out of the account on the day the bill is paid.

You’re not paying any bills on a Federal holiday – your bills won’t be paid until Tuesday. This is why you can’t schedule them for Sunday!

1 Like

With Ally, you tell them when you want the payment delivered and they decide when to take it out. Over the years, the timing between these two has dropped to the point that all of my bill payments withdraw on the same date they are paid. This includes my little podunk county water and gas utilities.

The point is, most places won’t let you even schedule the payment until Tuesday, to be paid Wednesday at the earliest (unless you think ahead and schedule it before the weekend starts). And shinobi’s point was more about remembering that Monday is a holiday, which delays the normal timeline a day.

The ability to schedule billpays on the weekend, to be paid immediately following the weekend, has been a very useful (and very unique) feature over the years.

1 Like

Rate cuts appearing this morning, first day of September, at Alliant. They have reduced both the savings AND the checking interest rates:

New savings rate: 1.884% APR

New checking rate: 0.449% APR

Sad, but I expect anticipated by all. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

At first I thought there was no change because the front page is still showing 2.1%. But when I login, I do see that 1.884%. But what a strange number.

Sorry for any confusion I might have caused by posting the APRs.

I suspect Alliant savings is now at 1.9% APY, with checking having descended to 0.5% APY. Both of those numbers are guesstimates.

Am a little surprised they lowered our checking rate. Did not see that coming. Of course the savings account rate decrease was certainly anticipated with everything that is happening out there today.