Alliant Credit Union

ETFCU is awesome. I do my 15 debit card purchases on Amazon and then lock my debit card until it’s time to do it again. 3.3% interest on 20k keeps chugging along.

Yes ETFCU is dependable. Those 15 debit transactions are annoying. I do it all at my local grocery store. I pick up all these small item purchases & check out at the “help yourself check out”. Once in a while some store worker stops by to see what I’m doing.

I need to find out about that Amazon deal you use. Sounds awesome!! :woozy_face:

Just reload your Amazon gift card balance. Can do as low as 50 cents per transaction. Then when you buy something on Amazon at a later date, you just apply whatever your gift card balance is towards payment.

3 Likes

First, do I order a gift card? Then when the card arrives, I can add $.50 gifts? Amazon gift cards, are new for me.

No physical cards. Check out: Amazon Sign-In

These are just added to your account and you can apply them when you check out.

I’m not up to regular Amazon Gift card use. Never used them. :woozy_face:

So now I loaded $100. on my card.
Problem now is how do I make those 50 cent debit purchase transaction to ETFCU?

Please, step by step. (if you don’t mind) :blush:

Huh?

3 Likes

I too am confused, the idea is you do the purchase with the debit card until you meet the requirement. In this case 15 purchases of 50 cents each using the ETFCU card.

I guess I’m to numb to understand this process. lol
I went to https://www------ & the only thing there said to load up. so I did!! $100.

Guess I’ll stick to going through the grocery store. :woozy_face:

Don’t tell anyone that I’m just a nit wit…

First add your debit card as a payment option in Amazon. Then use this direct link

Enter $0.50 as the Amount to load. Do NOT select the $100 button.

Select the ETFCU debit card for the Payment Method.

Click on the “Reload $0.50” button.

3 Likes

patty…you just go to reload your balance but rather then selecting the presets, you go to the box where it says enter an amount, and you type in say 0.50 or 1.00 for example…then the reload box on the bottom should show THAT amount…you click it and that’s the amount that gets added to your account…

Where it says payment method, that is where you would link your debit card so that will be the card the purchase is made from…

Just don’t do more than couple a day though…you don’t want to trigger amazon’s computer that looks for suspicious activity… lol

1 Like

Oh, i see my friend, scanchain already described it to you…lol
It’s quite simple really…you can do it…

Yes, don’t do too many a day. LOL. I don’t know the limit at Amazon, but I usually only do 3 a day at Amazon.

I also use it to make two small payments, totaling $1, to my AT&T internet bill.

Thanks you guys! I’m going to try again.

I got it!! Just made that one $.50 debit. :relaxed:

So easy now. Thanks again.

1 Like

You are Welcome, Patty…told you it would be simple once you got the hang of it… :grin:

I’ve done 15-20 in a day, no problem.

Do you go 50 cents or more with no problem?

One time I did random amounts between 50 cents and 1 buck. Another time I just did 50 cents across the board.