Alliant Credit Union

PSA: I tried to transfer some funds from another CU to Alliant the other day. I got a message that I could not transfer over $7XX.xx. I called. Rep checked with the back office and they found that my address needed to be verified. My address was the same as on file. Rep said transfer limit would reset in 24-48 hours.

1 Like

Alliant 12 month CD 5% APY. Savings rate hasn’t changed.

3 Likes

Yes, rate is still good.

Unfortunately I completely closed out my account and ACH transferred all my funds today. Alliant CU finally agreed to give me all accumulated interest on my $100k CD before early closing. Wasn’t that a nice gesture? :wink: 20 year member, 2003…

4 Likes

:cry: sadly, I eliminated connection to Alliant CU with various ACH connections. Right now I zeroed out all $$’s at Alliant site. Looks strange…gotta throw out checks and checkbook next.

Over & out with Alliant.

1 Like

I received a $5 check from Alliant CU today, Guessing account wasn’t zeroed out at last posting. :wink:

1 Like

There’s a $5 membership share that is required for every member. You dont get that back until your membership is formally closed.

2 Likes

But Alliant contributes that $5 membership share themselves, so you’re not actually getting it “back”, you’re getting a parting gift? I thought they’d keep it.

2 Likes

Except for well regarded and appreciated GT drivers. :grinning:

Surprised! I received another Statement of Account letter today from Alliant. This was an Account Balance Summary pointing out I had 4 accounts all CLOSED.

Now my thoughts are Alliant has had some pushback from folks that are unhappy about their accounts being closed without notice or explanation. Going on the letter pointing out To file a dispute. Contract us by 1. Calling us … 2. Writing…3. Logging in to… etc

I’m still holding that $5 check from Alliant CU… :blush:

1 Like

Alliant run a “fastpass” promotion in Jan 2023. Anyone heard any updates about the bonus?

Anyone received the bonus from Alliant for the “fastpass” promotion? According to their T&C, it should be paid out in June.

Alliant seems determined to not be competitive. Still at 3.10% interest. I mainly use them for their deposit taking ATMs now.

Initial $100 (of $200 expected) received 06/06/23. Followed-up via secure message on 06/08/23, received reply 06/12/23 informing message was passed on to the appropriate department. Second $100 deposit received 06/22/23 along with follow-up message to allow 7-10 business days for the deposit to show up. Both promos posted to my Savings account.

3 Likes

What promo was that?

It was the “fastpass” promotion, around Jan ~ Feb 2023.

1 Like

Same here followed rules no credit. Emailed CSR 7/3/23. Will reply on outcome.

1 Like

It applied to existing accountholders? I don’t think I was aware of it.

1 Like

I received the bonus $100 in my savings account June 6th. I hoped they would put it in the CD at 4.6%. Most of my savings is at Primis, but Alliant and its Visa card is my main transaction account. Thinking of switching it all to Primis, but keeping the $1K in Alliant checking for the 2.5% card (a 2.3% card factoring in lost savings interest).

3 Likes

what rate is Primis? Never heard of it…

The regular rate is 4.92% but their online system is not taking applications right now. I wonder if they overextended themselves. I have a savings account and they won’t let me open a checking account which has/had the same 4.92% rate.

2 Likes