Alliant CU 2% Rewards CC = Complicated Redemption Process?

I had the Alliant Rewards CC for years and never used it. I realized only recently that they bumped it up to 2% so I gave it a try the last few months.

My initial reward redemption was annoying. I had to type in my first, middle and last names. My email address (twice) and my phone number. And then my checking account number.

Not a huge deal, even though they should already have this information. I just imagine the rewards piece is run by a third party administrator. And that future redemptions will have this saved…

Nope.

Just did a second redemption and had to go through the same nonsense. Am I doing something wrong? Or does everything have to do this each time they redeem rewards?

If this is the case, I’ll just go back to using my Fidelity 2% card that auto-deposits rewards into my Fidelity account each month without any action required on my behalf.

1 Like

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

1 Like

The redemption process you’re describing is pretty much routine for all Alliant CC redemptions. I know of no way around it.

2 Likes

I hear you - but we are talking about a matter of a couple clicks and copying and pasting the account number for the checkout process.

Citi, Fidelity, etc. have significant IT/web development budgets and I’m sure Alliant’s is a rounding error compared to theirs. These type of programs are very difficult to operationalize, especially for a CU. They have had hiccups, but I wasn’t complaining when I was earning 3% back on every purchase (now 2.5%).

2 Likes

Agree with the others… You may find the process to receive a statement credit to be slightly less annoying.

1 Like

Note that, unlike Fidelity, you have a choice of statement credit, deposit to checking or deposit to savings.

2 Likes

I agree that such an array of options is pretty darn sweet.

The OP is correct that the redemption process is clumsy. For me, I’ve gone through it so darn many times I’m just accustomed to the process by now. And the reward is the highest I have on any card, so you gotta take the good with the bad.

1 Like