Bank of America credit card 2% reward bonus November 5, 2022

https://promotions.bankofamerica.com/card/morerewardsday
Earn cash, miles, or points depending on your card.

No enrollment is needed. Shop Saturday, November 5, 2022 to earn bonus rewards for buying the things you already need.

The promotional offer is in effect 12:00am to 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET) on November 5, 2022. Only purchases that appear on your statement with a transaction date of November 5, 2022 will qualify .

Please allow up to 12 weeks after the promotional offer ends for the bonus rewards to be added to your account.

You will earn the Preferred Rewards bonus on the purchase amount(s). The Preferred Rewards bonus does not apply to the incremental bonus earn for this promotion.

Comment. With interest rates on money market accounts and short-term savings close to 3%, it may not make sense to pre-pay property tax, estimated tax, tie up cash in Amazon gift cards, etc.

8 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

might pay property tax on 11/5 to get some cash back w/ Unlimited Cash Rewards World Mastercard 2.6+2% right? But do they go off charge date or posting??

Here’s what the FAQ says

The promotional offer is in effect 12:00am to 11:59pm Eastern Time (ET) on November 5, 2022. Only purchases that appear on your statement with a transaction date of November 5, 2022 will qualify . Transactions with delayed processing of 90 days or more will not be eligible to be included in the promotional offer.

2 Likes

I know you said “may not” and everyone’s situations are going to vary. But it’s worth noting that the 3% being earned in savings accounts is over an entire year. If you are prepaying an expense due 6 months in the future, a 2% reward would generally still be a net gain even considering the lost interest earnings.

Agreed. I could’ve been more clear. Last time I checked, the Fidelity high interest money market account FZDXX is paying 3.1%. You earn 2% in 7.75 months. I will probably pay my fourth-quarter estimated tax Fed and State on November 5 but I don’t think I’ll pay the second installment of my property tax which is due sometime in March 2023.

Was this sent through email or advertised somewhere?

1 Like

Good q. great deal but might be targetted?

See the link to Bank of America website in my original post. No mention of targeted deal.

Also

1 Like

Directly from BofA:

3 Likes

great that it’s not targeted, hope they don’t exclude taxes like some cards have in the past.

I made an insurance payment very early on 10/29, and the transaction date is listed as 10/30, with posting date of 10/31. Therefore, it’s a big unknown what transactions will actually earn the 2% bonus.

Yeah. Worried since it’s Sat. that property tax wont post till Mon. Maybe that’s why BOA made it weekend.

risk is 2.25% fee but I do get 2+% back on BOA CC

2 Likes

Big day is tomorrow. With current rates, you can earn over 2% in six months or less with three month or six month T-bills. I will probably pay my fourth quarter estimated tax with my 2.625% cashback B of A card. Not sure whether I will pre-pay the second installment of my property tax that is not due until next year.

1 Like

Since the 2% bonus is not guaranteed (depending on the actual transaction date), I wouldn’t pre-pay too much ahead.

1 Like

Pay1040.com gives a transaction time exact to the nearest minute.

2 Likes

Bump. Today is the day.

Got all of my transactions done except one. My property tax website is down.

2 Likes

just paid mine $2,122.62

[Posting Date in chronological order↓]
[Collapse transaction for Transaction date: Pending MARICOPA PROPTAX ](javascript:void(0);)[Pending](javascript:void(0):wink:
Transaction date: 11/05/2022
Card type: Mastercard
Transaction type: Temp Auth / Pending Pymt
SERVICE FEE Type Temporary Transactions
$47.76

About to do my in laws next hope Transaction date: 11/05/2022 sticks vs posting

Good points. Gotta factor Tax on MMAs though vs CC rebates

1 Like

So we’ll get 4.625% w/ 2.625% cashback B of A.

If I am enrolled in Preferred Rewards, will I earn my Preferred Rewards bonus on purchases I make with this promotional offer?

You will earn the Preferred Rewards bonus on the purchase amount(s). The Preferred Rewards bonus does not apply to the incremental bonus earn for this promotion.