Bank of America credit card 2% reward bonus November 5, 2022

great that it’s not targeted, hope they don’t exclude taxes like some cards have in the past.

I made an insurance payment very early on 10/29, and the transaction date is listed as 10/30, with posting date of 10/31. Therefore, it’s a big unknown what transactions will actually earn the 2% bonus.

Yeah. Worried since it’s Sat. that property tax wont post till Mon. Maybe that’s why BOA made it weekend.

risk is 2.25% fee but I do get 2+% back on BOA CC

2 Likes

Big day is tomorrow. With current rates, you can earn over 2% in six months or less with three month or six month T-bills. I will probably pay my fourth quarter estimated tax with my 2.625% cashback B of A card. Not sure whether I will pre-pay the second installment of my property tax that is not due until next year.

1 Like

Since the 2% bonus is not guaranteed (depending on the actual transaction date), I wouldn’t pre-pay too much ahead.

1 Like

Pay1040.com gives a transaction time exact to the nearest minute.

2 Likes

Bump. Today is the day.

Got all of my transactions done except one. My property tax website is down.

2 Likes

just paid mine $2,122.62

[Posting Date in chronological order↓]
[Collapse transaction for Transaction date: Pending MARICOPA PROPTAX ](javascript:void(0);)[Pending](javascript:void(0):wink:
Transaction date: 11/05/2022
Card type: Mastercard
Transaction type: Temp Auth / Pending Pymt
SERVICE FEE Type Temporary Transactions
$47.76

About to do my in laws next hope Transaction date: 11/05/2022 sticks vs posting

Good points. Gotta factor Tax on MMAs though vs CC rebates

1 Like

So we’ll get 4.625% w/ 2.625% cashback B of A.

If I am enrolled in Preferred Rewards, will I earn my Preferred Rewards bonus on purchases I make with this promotional offer?

You will earn the Preferred Rewards bonus on the purchase amount(s). The Preferred Rewards bonus does not apply to the incremental bonus earn for this promotion.

I got my four confirmation of payment emails from Bank of America for my payments to pay1040.com and ftb.ca.gov

There are two each for the payment of the tax and also of the fees.

1 Like

OT Pay1040 was quick but I don’t like that you can’t make an account for future, save info. Are the other IRS processors same?

I wouldn’t want to create an account unless I have to.

1 Like

they make it hard to retrieve prior info too. Probably by design

I understand privacy safety but they can do 2FA etc. Do the other processors allow accounts? I know some take PayPal (need to max out the $1500 5% Freedom promo)

Here’s a list of the IRS credit card payment sites

2 Likes

With about $500 credit limit left on my card, I tried to get $400 of GCs from Staples and got declined.

had to call for a CL increase/transfer. They said soft pull… I hope

I hope we get more of these promotions as black Friday nears. I remember fondly the $10 off $25 small business promotion from American Express a few years back

1 Like

I remember the $10 off period small business promotion from American Express. Got a bunch of $10 GCs to give out for holidays.

You can see the bonus rewards under “Rewards”. 4 of my 6 transactions got the bonus.