Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Sofi is at 1.8% for accounts with qualifying direct deposit.

Chasing rates is starting to feel futile right now.

4 Likes

Lending Club Bank 2.07%

4 Likes

Was going to post about Lending Club also.

A caution was raised here (might matter for some and not others):

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/lendingclub-bank-national-association.html#promo48583
about a past FTC action on this bank

The Federal Trade Commission is returning more than $10 million to consumers who were charged undisclosed fees by online lender LendingClub Corporation. The FTC is distributing refunds directly to more than 15,000 LendingClub customers and encouraging additional LendingClub customers to apply for refunds.

The FTC sued LendingClub in April 2018, charging that the company falsely promised loan applicants that they would receive a specific loan amount with “no hidden fees,” when in reality the company deducted hundreds or even thousands of dollars in hidden up-front fees from the loans. The FTC also alleged that LendingClub told consumers they were approved for loans when they were not and took money from consumers’ bank accounts without authorization.

3 Likes

BrioDirect 2.15%

3 Likes

Ally Bank OSA rate has been increased to 1.40% APY.

4 Likes

Reposting the above as a reminder. The 4-week T-Bill crossed the 2% mark last week, 2.17% now.

6 Likes

Marcus: Savings 1.50%, NPCD 1.55%

2 Likes

Also their 11-month NPCD.

2 Likes

E*Trade Premium Savings 2.00% APY

1 Like

Is this from Etrade’s email? Website still showing 1.4% as of 9.35am ET.

Never mind, updated at 10.05am.

1 Like

Merchants Bank of Indiana 2.28%

3 Likes

Wealthfront 1.4% → 2%.

2 Likes

I’ve updated the wiki for Customers Bank Ascent MMA, BrioDirect HYS, Elements Financial Helium Savings, and SFGI which were the top 4 w/ APYs of 2.25%, 2.20%, 2.10%, and 2.07% respectively. They now have APYs of 1.50%, 2.15%, 0.60%, 1.51%.

BrioDirect HYS dropped the least (2.20% → 2.15% since 2019 which hopefully bodes will for them continuing to keep a relatively high APY.

7 Likes

Your information on the T-Bills is fascinating.

I’m keeping a pretty large chunk of $$’s in Bask Bank Savings 2%. Just noticed that this monthly interest accumulation on that account is worthy of big smiles. :blush:

Right now, couldn’t be happier, plus a second spouse account that doubled up the interest.

Interesting input from the doctor:

They track the rates pretty religiously so I tend to give some credence to their recommendation.

3 Likes

Nice work, bubba @nomenclature. Thank you, and much appreciated, or …
with a little Spanish lingo thrown in, muy apreciado … maybe. :sunny:

And he is right. But if you look out 6 months, you’ll hit 3 percent, state tax-free, and there are no limits, even if you live in NewsomCommunistaUnitoStatosAmigoCabrione. :sunny:

Ivy Bank 1.90% → 2.15%

5 Likes

CFG Money Market was 2.10% now 2.30%
MyBanking Direct Savings was 2.02% now 2.20%
Tab Bank Savings was 1.68%, now 1.92%
Bread Savings (Comenity) was 1.65% now 2.15%
Barclays Savings was 1.40% now 1.65%
Discover AAII Savings was 1.35% now 1.55%
Discover Savings was 1.30% now 1.50%
Northpointe Bank Savings was 1.25% now 1.75%
Northpointe Bank Money Market was 1.25% now 1.75%
Alliant Savings was 1.20% now 1.40%
Popular Direct Savings was 1.15% now 1.45%
Smarty Pig Savings was 1.15% now 1.40%
Betterment Cash Reserve was 1.10% now 1.60%
TIAA Money Market was 0.90% now 1.20%

16 Likes

I’m very appreciative of your efforts to keep this thread updated. I’ve really missed these posts the past couple years!

4 Likes