Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Ken has it listed as nationwide. I selected “Main Office” when completing the application. I’ll find out what happens tomorrow most likely!

1 Like

Sounds pretty good.

I have 4 cards I’m using now & it’s turning into one big chore.

I’m so relieved when I finish all those debit card small purchases each month. Then I can put those cards away & use my Double Cash for regular shopping.

Easy $100 from Marcus. Basically a 4%+ 3 month CD on $10k.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/osa-savingsbonus-1

5 Likes

Any update?

Yes, they called me and we completed the rest of the application over the phone. They were pleasant to deal with.

3 Likes

Do you reside in Virginia? I read from another poster that it isn’t Nationwide.

No, Pennsylvania. Maybe I got in before they got slammed with apps and changed it. I don’t know.

was going to mention this also. if you open via a referral link FIRST, you get an extra 0.2 % that = .70% plus the 100.00 bonus. You can get referrals from DOC’s web site. You need to open acct via referral link first, then go to bonus page and when you open acct via that bonus page, both bonuses will appear when you click acct #.

1 Like

BTW, nobody here likes HMBradley? I have it for 5 months and no problems. Still 3%. I have my SS dd every months.

1 Like

what accounts at HMBRADLEY?

Citi and Chime: toxic together

NJ man loses $80K in life savings after routine bank transfer

This poor guy was shooting for a $700 Citi bonus. Instead he lost all his money. Here is a lift from the piece:

Chime wanted Alexander to provide unemployment verification, but Citibank didn’t ask for any documentation and wouldn’t disclose why all his money was frozen.

2 Likes

Click-bait headline. He didn’t lose it – his money was unfrozen and returned.

Obviously. But they froze every dime the guy had for a protracted period of time to where he finally had to go to the press for help! Had he not done so he probably still would not have his dough.

Clickbait? I do not think so. Something to think about before you do business with Citi, in my view.

Well that Citi bonus deal worked out for several of us. I ended up with 3 $700 for my 3 separate accounts.

Maybe this guy didn’t know how to play the game… To bad for him

Agreed. The headline was click-bait (not the article), because it contained an outrageous lie that he lost his money.

1 Like

Here’s a scary headline that makes me think twice about liquid accounts:

https://www.azfamily.com/news/investigations/3_on_your_side/update-chase-bank-denies-sun-city-vets-98k-theft-claim/article_12e2c12a-513b-11eb-b285-7f48f4d8e3ae.html

3 Likes

I’ve had banks call when large checks are written from my account. If someone writes a five figure check and they normally don’t do that, the least they could do is call.

I agree I’m surprised that he has no recourse at this point other than the media? Especially since they know it’s fraud

I wonder if savings accounts are any safer from this perspective?

If the thief managed to change his address, he probably also changed his phone number. And if the thief had sufficient access to change the address, he could have easily transferred any money from savings to checking.

Don’t think there’s much one can do besides guarding their privacy to not become an easy target, using good security like 2FA and email/phone notifications, and keeping an eye on all accounts.

The spreadsheet I use to keep track of my money has a field for next statement date, and the column next to that shows an indicator (an arrow in my case) if the date has passed. It’s a reminder to download the statement and update the date (manually). I don’t really ever review the statements because I keep track of current account balance and can instantly verify it at any time.

2 Likes

I agree and am with you on keeping track of expected bill / statement dates.

However, I’ve watched my parents, who are in this guy’s age range. They’re follow-up skills have deteriorated marketedly over the last 5 - 7 years. Tracking increased medical appts, pharmacological intake and renewals, exercise regimens, insurance reimbursements, etc., combined with normal activities and slightly decreased faculties makes for huge opportunities for things to fall through the cracks.

As I’ve aged, the increase in new economic (SS, Medicare, RMDs, etc.) and health (more appointments, tests, drugs, etc.) activities has been noticeable. Fortunately, I’ve still got my looks.

5 Likes