Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Thanks, Argyll. That is certainly good news if true. My own experience at Ally is that they count you down and warn you sternly when you approach six withdrawals. I guess because of that I’ve never really tested their limits.

This quote is from a pop-up when you click “See why” under Online Savings where it says " Six withdrawals limit per statement cycle. See why."

It’s a similar message under money market.

You can send them a message or call them but they’ll probably reply with the same boilerplate answer.

If you really need or want to do more than 6 withdrawals per month, it’s probably best to test it once first. It appears they want to keep the restriction but are not doing it.

So they’re still warning about the 6 withdrawal limit.

My credit unions are not bothering with any warnings or implied restrictions at all. They’re not calling it temporary, either, though anything can change at any time.

1 Like

Alliant still has the 6 transfer limit language in their account agreement Account Agreement. Quote from page 21… “2. TRANSFER LIMITATIONS
For all types of savings accounts that are eligible for preauthorized,
automatic, telephonic, electronic or audio response transfers, you may
make up to six such transfers to an account at another financial institution
or to a third party during any calendar month. If you reach these limitations
within a calendar month, additional transactions will not be able to be
completed and may be returned unpaid. If this is the case, you may be
assessed an NSF fee, as set forth in the Fee Schedule.”

4 Likes

thanks for that info! I opened acct this PM. Has to be the easiest acct opening ever. And seamless transfer from HMBradley for 22k. I checked their assets… 31 Billion? Hopefully, that is correct.

this is about Bark Bank div of texas capital bank. Love those Texans!!!

the 31 billion is under the name Texas Capital Bank

I think you are a set-it-and-forget-it kinda person so it doesnt matter, but be aware that Bask does hold incoming deposits (that they initiate) for 5 business days.

1 Like

All institutions have that in their terms because it was a requirement of Regulation D. Alliant says it is no longer in place. Alliant has had unlimited withdrawals since July 21, 2021.

I have exceeded the 6 withdrawal limit several times in the last year, including this month.

If you have questions about the transaction limit at an institution, it’s best to call and ask, as they don’t advertise it.

Interest rate hikes over the last week:

Bask Bank Savings was 2.02% now 2.20%
CIBC Agility Savings was 1.95% now 2.08%
Vio Cornerstone MM was 1.85% now 2.10%
UFB Direct Savings was 1.81% now 2.21%
Northpointe Banks MM was 1.75% now 2.15%
Northpointe Bank Savings was 1.75% now 2.15%
Citizen’s Savings was 1.75% now 2.10%
Ponce Bank MM was 1.75% now 2.50%
Sky One MM was 1.70% now 2.20%
Ally Savings was 1.60% now 1.75%
Discover AAII Savings was 1.55% now 1.65%
Liberty Savings Bank Savings was 1.51% now 1.85%
Bank 7 Savings was 1.50% now 1.80%
Capital One 360 Savings was 1.50% now 1.70%
Discover Savings was 1.50% now 1.60%
Sallie Mae MM 1.50% now 1.75%
Marcus Savings was 1.50% now 1.70%
Marcus Savings was 1.50% now 1.70%
Popular Direct Savings was 1.45% now 1.55%
Amex Savings was 1.40% now 1.50%
Smarty Pig Savings was 1.40% now 1.65%
Alliant Savings was 1.40% now 1.60%
Rising Bank Savings was 1.30% now 1.60%
FNBO Direct Savings was 1.20% now 1.41%
Northern Bank Direct MM was 0.45% now 1.50%
Bank5 Connect Savings was 0.40% now 1.50%

11 Likes

New liquid rate leader - Ponce Bank MM 2.50% - since CFG Bank MM 2.55% has temporarily suspended applications for new accounts.

https://www.savebetter.com/ponce-bank/ponce-mmda

3 Likes

thanks for the lisT
My NorthernBankjtsMM still shows 0.45 apy. May I ask where you saw this & when it is effective? I have not received any update by email from nbd either.

https://www.northernbankdirect.com/money-market

2 Likes

Effective 8-8-22, so mavbe new accnts only

sorry… meant bask bank. It’s ok for the 5-day hold. So did mybankingdirect

NASB is 2.53% and the opening process was smooth. To add beneficiaries you need to secure mail them and pester them on the phone.

1 Like

If it’s available to you, looks like a great account but it’s not nationally available unfortunately.

Sometime the rate listed for an account doesn’t update until a statement cycles.

1 Like

Are you talking about the zip code pop up thing? I believe that is not working correctly. It said my zip (and any zip I knew in any state) was not allowed. Then I just filled out the application and it worked fine.

Give them a call if you really want the account. I’m sure you will be fine.

1 Like

Barclays: 1.80%

4 Likes

NASB has closed it’s 2.53% account to new accounts.

1 Like